Regarding Smoked Glass 6.0.1

Last Updated:

1. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've rooted my phone. I've installed SPRecovery and performed a nandroid backup. I'm trying to install Smoked Glass 6.0.1 by placing the file on the root of my sd card and not inside any folder. I boot into SPRecovery and select install and select the file "Smoked.Glass.v.6.0.1-ESE53.rom".

Whatever takes place after that while it is installing, is beyond me. I don't receive any type of customization options such as blue theme or no blue theme. It supposedly finishes installing so I reboot the phone and nothing has changed at all, I'm still running whatever I was currently running prior to the install. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. MisterEff

MisterEff Well-Known Member

Try downloading ROM manager and just running it from there. It should solve your problem.

3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Does the file name end in .rom.tgz? Cause it should. If it does then your issue may be that the download is corrupt some how and you need to redownload it.

4. Larry_ThaGr81

Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned that this was the first placed I tried it from, but Super Users permissions some how got corrupted and I could modify anything that required Super user permissions.

5. Larry_ThaGr81

No, the file name is as spelled Smoked.Glass.v.6.0.1-ESE53.rom.tar, maybe that is the issue then.

6. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

probably it just change the filename

7. Larry_ThaGr81

I'm installing Smoked Glass 6.0.1 and my phone keeps rebooting itself, never getting pass the initial boot images. I get the DROID followed by the blue eye that changes into the Nexus image and then the phone reloops, displaying DROID followed by the blue eye and Nexus image and again it does the same thing. This continually happens over and over. Initially I was coming from a UD V9.8, so thinking that was the problem I restored back to a unrooted ESE81 with SPRecovery and tried it then only to have the same loop take place again.

I should note that after downloading the file from several sources including Adamz FTP server, I had to change the file type myself to ".tgz".

Any thoughts?

8. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

AdamZ install file gives you a bunch of different options right? Does he give you kernel options? If he does try a different kernel.