• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Regarding the 2.3.6 Update & MetroPCS (Solved)

Upvote 0
try the steps in this post, after you install you Android Market with the Network App

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ad...2-3-6-update-metropcs-solved.html#post3666807

Okay so i am redoing everything.. Let me see if i am right.
1- okay for the 'M.IP' tab i only deleted the "aaa." only for the first bar the NAI not the Tethered NAI
2- This is were i must of confuse myself... For PPP.configuration i deleted the username and i set my SPC and i left password blank
Was that correct?

Upvote 0
Okay so i am redoing everything.. Let me see if i am right.
1- okay for the 'M.IP' tab i only deleted the "aaa." only for the first bar the NAI not the Tethered NAI
2- This is were i must of confuse myself... For PPP.configuration i deleted the username and i set my SPC and i left password blank
Was that correct?

not just the column, modifie the user name for the first row in any column that exist. you don't need to modfie the other rows.

Upvote 0
not just the column, modifie the user name for the first row in any column that exist. you don't need to modfie the other rows.

What do you mean.. what did i do wrong or what step i missed?
And for the 'network app' i set CDMA auto (prl) and run ping test and it says..
"Ping IpAddr: Fail: IP addr not reachable
Ping Hostname (www.google.com): Fail: Host unreachable

Can You please help me!

Upvote 0
What do you mean.. what did i do wrong or what step i missed?
And for the 'network app' i set CDMA auto (prl) and run ping test and it says..
"Ping IpAddr: Fail: IP addr not reachable
Ping Hostname (www.google.com): Fail: Host unreachable

Can You please help me!
If the ping fail that means there is no connection, this is a screen shot of the setting.

24wgcx4.png

Upvote 0
Can someone post the titanium and network files to download?
I can't download from the market and I re flashed my phone and no longer have those 2 files. I did all the steps in the data except network part and lost service all together. So i had to re program using *228
http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/460186-samsung-admire-system-dump.html

I will try to find/upload titanium and network

For Titanium I found some on 4Shared click here

For Network try this

Upvote 0
Thanks for the hard work, GTK; I haven't quite restored my services, but I'm almost certain I'm close. Looking back I actually did miss a step. I never did the APN shortcut step. However, after most recently doing that step - I have no settings in this menu; is that why?

Nothing will be there... when you click on the menu button on the phone you will have 2 choice, one of them is restore (that's where the etc folder comes in).

the etc folder is from MetroPCS Samsung Admire 2.3.4 (which has the orignal apn setting ) that will be restored.

just make sure you copy what is in the system folder uploaded into the system folder of the phone before the reset of APN to the default.

Upvote 0
If the ping fail that means there is no connection, this is a screen shot of the setting.

24wgcx4.png

Okay so i have exactly this on my M.IP but the "network" app still does not work

I have on

Profile:0
enable:yes
NAI: 323495xxyy@mymetropcs.com
Tethered Nai: 323495xxyy@mymetropcs.com

PPP.configuration tap
Um Tap: username 323495xxyy@mymetropcs.com
Password: SPC
Note: In the Um tap on tethered NAI 323495xxyy@aaak.mymetropcs.com
AN tab:323495xxyy@mymetropcs.com

Upvote 0
Nothing will be there... when you click on the menu button on the phone you will have 2 choice, one of them is restore (that's where the etc folder comes in).

the etc folder is from MetroPCS Samsung Admire 2.3.4 (which has the orignal apn setting ) that will be restored.

just make sure you copy what is in the system folder uploaded into the system folder of the phone before the reset of APN to the default.

Installed ETC folder as properly as possible, and using APN Settings Shortcut no 'defaults' are restored.

Upvote 0
Okay so i have exactly this on my M.IP but the "network" app still does not work

I have on

Profile:0
enable:yes
NAI: 323495xxyy@mymetropcs.com
Tethered Nai: 323495xxyy@mymetropcs.com

PPP.configuration tap
Um Tap: username 323495xxyy@mymetropcs.com
Note: In the Um tap on tethered NAI 323495xxyy@aaak.mymetropcs.com
AN tab:323495xxyy@mymetropcs.com

Nice, for the Um tethered I did not change it, but there is no harm of doing so. Try and see the network method and see if it kicks in the data service.

Upvote 0
Installed ETC folder as properly as possible, and using APN Settings Shortcut no 'defaults' are restored.

for the "APN Settings Shortcut" you have to create the shortcut on the android screen by

holding an empty spot--->Shortcuts--->APN setting Shortcut

that will create a short cut for the APN setting, when you click on the shortcut a black screen will come up, click on the physical menu button on the phone, you will see an option to "Reset to default"

Upvote 0
for the "APN Settings Shortcut" you have to create the shortcut on the android screen by

holding an empty spot--->Shortcuts--->APN setting Shortcut

that will create a short cut for the APN setting, when you click on the shortcut a black screen will come up, click on the physical menu button on the phone, you will see an option to "Reset to default"

Did this; and when I click reset to Default - the screen is still black and empty for this app. I restored the ETC folder, in what should've been the proper manner. I'll try one more time. Do I still need the first 'APN Manager'? That app will show the settings.

Upvote 0
Did this; and when I click reset to Default - the screen is still black and empty for this app. I restored the ETC folder, in what should've been the proper manner. I'll try one more time. Do I still need the first 'APN Manager'? That app will show the settings.

nothing will show up but the restore will take place, this was my way of fixing the MMS (after fixing the data connection).

after fixing the data connection I was not able to send MMS, and this was the way to fix it.

after the restore you should be able to send MMS messages (try sending a photo to someone)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones