Regarding unlocked Telus hero and 2.1 update when released.

Last Updated:

1. nomnompie

nomnompie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all. Sorry if this has been posted already, but I didn't see it.

Well you may know from my post a couple days ago that I am running a Telus Hero on AT&T's network. I know other people are also doing this as well. I was thinking about the 2.1 update due out and was wondering what us unlocked Telus Hero owners should do to get it when it is released. I emailed HTC, and they said this.

So, just as an FYI.. I guess it's programmed somewhere in there to somehow check Telus's server regardless of what service you are on.

Here's hoping lol.:D

Advertisement
  2. Champmoney

Champmoney Active Member

K so I have an unlocked HTC Hero from Telus but I'm on the Rogers network, that means when updates are available i should recieve a notice????????????????

Seems kind of odd. But that's cool if it works. Thanks for the info.

3. nomnompie

Yeah, sounds to me like the firmware is programmed to periodically check Telus's servers over the web, so all it needs is a web connection, doesn't matter where it gets it from, be it AT&T, Rogers, or your home WIFI.

Makes sense that this is how they did it. I guess we'll just have to take their word for it until that awaited day comes. We shall see in time. Can't wait. :D

4. nomnompie

5. asteion

asteion Member

Hahaha. Yeah at this point I'm not even surprised or disappointed anymore. Good find though bro, I'll be home from university by the time this update rolls out I guess!