• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

regarding wiimotes...

Snake X

Android Expert
Aug 20, 2011
I don't know where to put this thread so i put it in here. If it needs movin, thats fine (I'll learn from that)

Anyhow, I wanted to buy a wiimote for my samsung galaxy prevail (or any other device). However, I wanted to do it the *right* way.

I have known that there are apps out there that are dedicated to connecting a wiimote and there are also apps like snes9x that have a feature to connect the wiimote without external apps. However, I want to know what wiimote i should buy and which ones I shouldn't use. I have herd that there are people who have problems getting their wiimote to pair and this is why I created this thread. I want to avoid these situations by buying the wiimote with the least problems so i wont be one of them asking what to do about pairing. I should ask first, should I buy the original wiimote? I know there are 2 revisions of the wiimote, one is $20 on amazon, the other is either $30 or $40. Should i avoid or buy off-brand wiimotes like those from nyko? Would there be any compatability issues with any of these?

Bottom line is im lookin for the wiimote without the attitude :cool:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones