Reinstall android on Samsung Galaxy mini s5507I

Last Updated: 2012-06-12 13:35:18
  1. george18

george18 Member

Hello every one,
    I have a galaxy pop plus (usually known has Galaxy mini s5507I). I had Ginger Bread(2.3.6) on it. the internal memory was not enough for me, so i went on to root and delete some stoke apps tat i didn't need. but then i found a new update for my phone, i tried to update it but every time the installation goes up to 27% then fails. don't know the reason:confused::(, now i want tat update, i cant get it. I even tried Factory reset. nothing so far gave any gud results. If any one can help me out to make my phone new just out of the box, i ll be really greatful. thanks in advance:rolleyes:....

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Generally, rooting your device will block any OTA updates, especially if you have Clockwork Mod Recovery installed. If you're looking to take advantage of the update, you'll need to unroot.
    george18 likes this.
  3. george18

george18 Member

thank you very much... but.. i got frustrated and went to the extend of flashing my phone a cyanogenmod 7 beta from 'galaxyics.com', now y phone wont even boot. it just shows the brand name stays tat way 4 hours... :(
  4. karandpr

karandpr Well-Known Member

george18 likes this.
  5. george18

george18 Member

how do i go abt... am really new to this, and my phone is almost (has they call it) bricked :argh: . and wat is this CWM recovery...???? Pls help me... :vollkommenauf:
  6. karandpr

The second links has the flash guide by samsung which gives you step by step process of restoring bricked phone .
    CWM is a custom recovery .It needs to be flashed if you want to install CyanogenMod .
  7. george18

george18 Member

now the problem tat i face is, odin doesn't detect my mobile....:mad::confused:
  8. george18

george18 Member

is there any way i can install android again.... i am losing hope... :vollkommenauf: :afraid:
  9. karandpr

Thats strange .Odin should detect your phone . Are you in download mode ?
    If KIES is running in background then close it .
    The only way to restore your phone is in download mode via Odin
  10. george18

george18 Member

ya... i am in download mode. and i don't have tat stupid kies. it never worked. any way. i think i have got to the root of the 'not detected problem'. last night i made a really stupid thing, i went and uninstalled the driver for galaxy pop plus. i think tat might prevent odin form detecting my phone. do you think so... if so wat can i do..:confused:

thank you so much for your help
  11. karandpr

Well you need drivers to run Odin .you will need to reinstall Odin drivers .without drivers ,pc wont be able to detect usb connection.
  12. george18

george18 Member

where do i get them (what you call) odin drivers... :(

thank you so much for your help... :rolleyes:
  13. karandpr

If you have win 7 then drivers are automatically installed when you connect you phone and run odin
    Else install kies ....
    Honestly I cant say for sure.
  14. george18

george18 Member

am very sorry for pestering you like this....:( but i don't know any other way... am really really really sorry...:(

actually i run a server version of windows, i do some website designing and stuffs so i use it has a work station.

and kies doesn't seem to work properly, so i uninstalled it. and i am trying to install it again..... lets see...
  15. george18

george18 Member

i seem to have a problem... the ops file that i have is for s5507 not for s5507I, and the odin keeps saying check your image file.... can any one help me get a ops file for s5507I. and still no luck on odin detecting my phone... i installed all drivers, windows detects my phone perfectly, but odin doesn't.... :(.... pls help.....
  16. karandpr

OPS file is not a problem
    Hell you can use OPS file for my Ex Phone and it will do .
    5570,5570i,t,m,d all have same OPs files
    technically you should get a yellow sign saying COM port 7 or something /
    close odin and restart it .
    You should get something like MSM7227.

My advice .

Copy Odin ,The Firmware file,The OPS script and Manual in a pendrive .
    Take the Phone,pendrive and USB cable to a friend who has windows 7 and working internet connection .
    Order pizza and do the steps again .
    Chances are it will work
    If it doesnt ,atleast you had pizza ....

Why ?
    Because ,it has better chances on getting detected on another machine .and pizza is good .
  17. george18

george18 Member

lol... tat was a gud advice dude... ll try doing tat... especially the pizza part... :D