Reinstall Behold 2 Wifi App?Support

Last Updated:

1. HammerIT

HammerIT New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I recently was having trouble with the Wifi application on the Behold 2. If turned on it would scan, but would not see any of the available networks. If the wifi was turned on and the phone went to sleep, I could not wake the phone. I would have to take the battery out, restart the phone, and before the phone would go asleep again I would have to disable wifi.

The problem could be related my earlier attempt to install the rooted version of 1.6 and barnacle wifi that I tried a couple of weeks back. Whatever I did that time failed and ended up restoring the phones settings. I noticed a couple of days ago the problem I described in the first paragraph. I also wanted to ODIN the rooted version again and see if I could get Barnacle Wifi to work -- which I did. During this process I had done a soft and a hard reset trying to get the wifi to work, but to no avail.

Eventually, I used Titanium backup to backup the wifi app and decided to uninstall the wifi app, thinking that I would have the backup available to reinstall. I was wrong -- I did not get that option for this particular application.

Is there a way to just get the wifi app and try and reinstall it? Hopefully easier than having to start over with phone with 1.5 and going through all the steps again, as I haven't been using the WiFi option.

Advertisement
  2. HammerIT

HammerIT New Member This Topic's Starter

I was able to get my wifi connection working again. I searched appbrain.com for samsung wifi and installed a widget on my phone:

Wifi Widget
    by Robert Burger

I searched for it on the market. Once installed I opened an instance on a page and with it I could then turn on wifi and this version can now scan for available networks.