Reinstalled 2.1 and running Task Manager

Last Updated:

1. jldillon

jldillon Member This Topic's Starter

I just want to say that I recently did a hard reset and reinstalled 2.1. Before this, my battery wasn't lasting but about 8 hrs on a charge...but now with the reinstall of 2.1 and running Task Manager in the background with auto kill on...my battery life is awesome! I unplugged the charger today at noon and it is still showing a 70% charge ten hours later. I don't know if this will help anyone but my phone also seems faster without the lag and the only thing I have done different is what I mentioned above. You might give it a try and see if it helps and let me know if your battery life is better as well as the lag.

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Hmmm, see, when I stopped using a task manager my battery life got better. Android really has no need for task managers unless you have a rogue app that won't "sleep."

I'd suggest using Spare Parts to see what was causing the phone to stay awake.

3. Kataclysmic

Kataclysmic Well-Known Member

I've contemplated using a task manager but wasn't sure if it would really be useful or not in my situation. I don't have a lot of apps downloaded. I'm going to give this Spare Parts a try to see if a task manager may be useful for me.

4. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

+1 for this. Once I stopped using the task manager, battery life got way better. After I went to 2.1 I didn't even re-install my Task Killer. There really is just no need for it, even if the Sprint rep tells you otherwise. ;)

5. booklady

booklady Active Member

If we currently have a task killer installed, will a simple uninstall take care of this or is a reboot of the phone necessary? Thanks!

6. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Just an un-install should be OK, but a reboot definitely is not going to hurt it.