Reinstalling apps from AstroGeneral

Last Updated:

1. SyDTRaKKeD

SyDTRaKKeD Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

sorry if this has been posted elsewhere....

when i restore apps from my Astro backup will they be updated automatically through the market?

i know when i used to use the other file manager i would have to manually go to the market and redownload my apss in order for them to receive updates...

Advertisement
  2. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

no, when using astro you will not receive market updates. Unless its(astro) been updated to allow such a thing. Havent used it in about a month since my phone is busted

SyDTRaKKeD likes this.
  3. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

Nope. I have used AppBrain and aTrackDog to find updates.

SyDTRaKKeD likes this.
  4. gospodinwizard

gospodinwizard Well-Known Member

I'm surprised by the negative responses. I reinstalled my apps via Astro after I did a factory reset and have been getting Market updates just fine. Maybe I am missing the point somehow?

5. Gongadin

Gongadin Member

If you install backed up apps from Astro, the market would have no idea that you have it, so you should not be getting updates. However, if you click on an app in Astro (backed up or installed), then press menu, you'll get a "market" option which will take you directly to that app in the market, and you can reinstall it from there so you will get updates. Still a little time consuming, but much faster than searching the market for the apps you want one at a time...

SyDTRaKKeD and jreed2560 like this.
  6. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

didn't know about that option in astro, but I still think appbrain is much much faster