• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reinstalling "Installed Apps" from Market on PC

nubreed000

Apr 22, 2011
Ok so I upgraded my phone to 2.3.6 and used Backup Master to back up my apps...which it failed to do (doesn't restore them when I tell it to) so now I'm screwed and have to DL them again.

I wanna reinstall them on my PC since it's much easier browsing on it, but Market is telling me that since the app is installed on my phone I have to choose a different device. This, of course, is not true. The app isn't on my phone, but Google believes it is.

Any ideas?

I've had kinda the same issue when my phone kept rebooting after a software update I was forced to make it go back to it's factory settings to fix it. Of course I lost all apps and the official Market kept saying I still had the apps installed. Give it a few days because your phone will try to sync with it's Market account details, after a few days you should check the "My apps" page on the Market and you'll notice most of the apps you had are no longer listed there, which means you can now normally download them (might take a while before you no longer see "already installed" when you're searching for apps, but as long as they're no longer on the "My apps" page you can re-install them).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones