1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Reinstalling paid apps after changing gmail address

Last Updated:

1. beenz

beenz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I recently did a factory reset so I could change the gmail address my phone associates with. I did a factory reset because the option to clear data option under Settings - Applications - Manage Applications - Google Apps - Clear Data was not there (I have Sense UI 2.1, don't know if that was the culprit).

My question is, is there a way to reinstall my paid apps, without buying them again, since my phone now associates my new gmail address with the market and Google Checkout?

Or is there a way for the market to use my old gmail address so i can reinstall these paid apps without paying for them again, and then use the new address?

Edit: I backed up all my apps with Astro, but for some reason bTunes didn't get back up.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Drazil

Drazil Well-Known Member

AFAIK, with a new gmail account you are fubar. There is no transferring between accounts. You could try clearing the google apps cache again and putting in your old gmail account, re-install everything, then clear the cache again and put in your new gmail account.

beenz likes this.
  3. beenz

beenz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had the feeling I was SOL. When I go to Google Apps, there is no cache to clear.

Oh well, a $1.49 app won't break the bank.

Thanks for the help!