Reinstalling Windows, what to to with keystores?

Last Updated:

1. ktUK

ktUK Member

I am being forced into reinstalling Windows after having spent many weeks trying to diagnose a crashing problem and am now left with now other option.

I have all ready experienced problems with Eclipse keystores which meant I had to relaunch one of my android apps in order to upload the latest version.

Is it just as simple as copying all the relavent files. (keystores, APIs and projects) onto USB for the reinstall or are there Eclipse settings which also need to be saved. Of course I will have the keystores passwords too.

I suppose the same question would apply to getting a new computer.

Thank you all for your help

2. danialgoodwin

danialgoodwin Member

Make sure you don't lose your keystores. Just saving the .ks files onto USB will be good enough. It doesn't matter where they are stored at.

As for your projects, everything will be fine if they are self-contained. Meaning, all the libraries each of your projects use are copied in the libs folder of your project. If not, then you will have to relink them all through the Java Build options.

Edit: You shouldn't have to worry about the default keystores that Eclipse uses then you debug your projects because Eclipse will just create another one if it doesn't find in the default location.