Reinstalling Yahoo stuff

Last Updated: 2012-07-05 05:25:06
  1. needynerds

needynerds Member

Rooted 5.9.905 Motorola Bionic..... deleted Yahoo BS off with Titanium.....

If you've done this, you know the problem..... without warning, this yahoo crap contained the ability to add contacts on your phone....

Advice on how to reinstall the yahoo content on a Macbook? Source for downloads would be appreciated too.

Advertisement
  2. Groid

Groid Well-Known Member

Ouch. The Yahoo piece is pretty important as you found out. For future reference, better to freeze or rename system apps just in case. Do you have a Titanium backup of things before your deletions? Nandroid backup? You could recover the missing piece from there. I don't know Mac's at all, but someone will chime in.
  3. needynerds

needynerds Member

yea.... about that backup.... lmao!

I'm actually highly disappointed in myself for how I've gone about this phone situation. I've been working in computers for over 10 years now and didn't bring any of my experience over with me to mobile devices.

I assumed that factory reset would always bring me back to square one and now this is apparently wrong.

Whomever strolls along and finally answers this, is there an overall download source for full restore of a bionic anywhere?
  4. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

5. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

I thought about posting this link but I was thinking he needs something that will run on a Mac, for all I know it might but I thought RSD was Windows only but not 100% sure about that.

*Edit* On second thought, I guess he could use bootcamp to run it.
    xmr405o likes this.
  6. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

You're right, my bad OP.

I have no idea how to RSD lite on a Mac. Sorry again.
  7. needynerds

needynerds Member

I'm going to go buy a laptop. Tired of this Macbook bullshit all the time.

Btw, thanks for the link. Will be using after laptop purchase. Its a major inconvenience, but not being able to add contacts isn't detrimental.