Reject with message - Google VoiceSupport

Last Updated:

1. rfound

rfound Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK, so I love the ability to "Reject Call with Message"... but as far as I can tell, it ONLY sends a return text message via SMS.

As I am using Google Voice for all my texting needs (and trying to get people to change it to my phone # period), I would really prefer that text get sent through the Google Voice App, rather than the SMS app...

Can anyone help?

Advertisement
  2. iffatall

iffatall Member

I have the same problem. Even though Google Voice is set as the default messaging app on my phone, it doesn't really seem default. I think when you make Google Voice as the default messaging app on your device, it only becomes default for messaging from Contacts.

When you try to send messages from other apps, such as Write and Go, Memo, Notes etc. though, they continue to use the original messaging service from from cellular provider. Same goes for Reject incoming voice call with Message.

Does anyone have any idea as to what we can do to make all apps use Google Voice for text messaging purpose?

3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications. Press Menu again, choose Filter then All.

Find the "Messaging" app, go into it. Press the [Clear defaults] button.

Now when you do an SMS function for an app, it should let you choose which and give you a checkbox to set the new default.

4. iffatall

iffatall Member

sremick: That does not change the way messages are sent for 'Reject Calls with Message'. This function still uses the texting service provided by the cellular operator.

5. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Works for me, just tested it. Not sure what might be different on your phone, but "Reject with message" opened up Google Voice.