• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Clearly, this update is an improvement! My TF700T is significantly less laggy, and I can now watch Amazon Prime streaming movies for the first time in two months.

Amazon changed something - it wasn't this update that did it. Amazon Prime was not working on any Android device I have (other than my Kindle Fire) the last couple of months and this was reported for other devices on other forums. Amazon had done something that made it no longer compatible. Now it works again on my TF700T, Nexus 7, and Galaxy S3 phone.

Upvote 0
Clearly, this update is an improvement! My TF700T is significantly less laggy, and I can now watch Amazon Prime streaming movies for the first time in two months.
Amazon changed something - it wasn't this update that did it. Amazon Prime was not working on any Android device I have (other than my Kindle Fire) the last couple of months and this was reported for other devices on other forums. Amazon had done something that made it no longer compatible. Now it works again on my TF700T, Nexus 7, and Galaxy S3 phone.

There was a kernel update with this patch, which it probably the cause of the better performance. Sadly, I cant try it until the sources are released, or I flash the purely stock kernel, which I dont really wanna do lol.

Tylor

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
This tablet still sucks after the update! Laaaaagggggggs!!!!

Yep. All my performance improvment seems to have gone away. I still think the answer is in the scheduler. I see so many programs that should not be running. Things like SwiftKey when I have another keyboard turned on. Picasa, gallery when I have not opened any photos. Is there a way to lock these programs down so they cannot autostart? Tweetcaster does the same thing and I have all of the autosync features disabled.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones