Release and time

Last Updated:

1. Jebus Christ

Jebus Christ Well-Known Member

I will be returning my evo soon and picking up the cheapest phone I can on craigslist to hold me over.

I wondering if I should wait for the epic or just get another evo. Any clue as to when release is? Also, will the price off contract be less or more than the evo($450).

Thanks if anyone knows.

Advertisement
  2. Nightfury82

Nightfury82 Active Member

I would wait. I'm looking at getting my first smartphone and its either an Evo or Epic.

No date or price has officially been announced but most seem to think it will be late July to early August. Verizon and At&T get their Galaxy S phones this month. I would imagine the off contract price will be $450 but we can pray for less!

Either phone I get will be off contract as well.
  3. wodin6

wodin6 Well-Known Member

Seriously? The thread right below yours is titled "Release date"
  4. pkulak

pkulak Well-Known Member

No way this thing can only be $450 off contract.

I'd wait. Buy the burner.
  5. Jebus Christ

Sorry, not idea why I called the thread Release and Time. I meant release and price. If it's going to be a $600+ phone I would rather stick with the Evo.
  6. Nightfury82

Nightfury82 Active Member

You believe it will be more than the Evo? I think this phone will be better but that doesn't mean it will cost more off contract.
  7. pkulak

pkulak Well-Known Member

8. Jebus Christ

I was afraid out would cost alot as I have seen it happen many times before with other phones and easily reaching prices of 800 and more but those devices ars usually unlocked and not being offered by a carrier of done sort. Hopefully with this being a sprint banded phone the price won't be as much
  9. So-Low Da Don

So-Low Da Don Well-Known Member

But this Sprint they don't overprice phones (Except HTC touch pro 1&2) I was surprised the EVO only cost 450 off contract, I'm pretty sure it will be the same or less because the EVO was its first 4G