1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Release Date Rumor MillGeneral

1. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

I have seen October.

Verizon to launch Samsung Droid Prime in Oct. with Android 4.0 | VentureBeat

I am sure many others who have waded through the rumors and speculation on VZW SG2 will be in this forum, and like me are looking forward to more wading and waiting.

Anyone see any better than October on this one?
    I hope since it's a Nexus and Android 4.0 that development will be huge on this one (ROMs, OC, etc)

Advertisement
    :
  2. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

I've seen October flying around a lot too.

I believe it will be November but that is just an educated guess.
  3. DontEatPoop

DontEatPoop Well-Known Member

Around when Iphone 5 happens it not before..
  4. CellRaven

CellRaven Well-Known Member

week 48 iv'e heard
  5. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

Hmm, not sure why we need to have another forum on the same phone? Don't you guys know there is Nexus Prime forum here created earlier?
  6. charlie310

charlie310 Well-Known Member

True, but "Droid Prime" is the more official name.
  7. CellRaven

CellRaven Well-Known Member

Well as far as rummors go, Droid Prime is suppose to be the Verizon model of it. .but the other carriers are suppose to have it under the original name of Nexus Prime.

But there is the other forum on the Prime, and nobody has separated the info on the phone yet as its not out yet. .So until that happens this forum part should probably wait a bit before we start posting the same info for no reason.

I'm sure when the phone drops that we'll see the Droid Prime and Nexus Prime forums fire up.
  8. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I know it's a SWAG, but my best guess is Thursday, October 20th. Now that it has passed both wifi and Bluetooth certifications, the only thing to do is pass FCC, box it, distribute it and sell it. I give that about 6 weeks worth of effort.

EDIT: Not sure who these people are, but they're also talking about a late October release:

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/09/08/samsung-nexus-prime-specs-features-leaked-galaxy-nexus-name-also-mentioned-upcoming-google-nexus-3-android-smartphone-to-feature-curved-4-65-inch-hd-display-to-be-rolled-out-right-after-iphone-5/

So I'm standing by my October 20th prediction :)

EDIT EDIT: *SIGH* HanSolo's sister (who works at Verizon) maintains a mid-November release for the Prime. Such conflict! I really want it to come out next month... but things are looking more and more toward release around Thanksgiving. Start saving up your money, Ladies & Gentlemen... and settle in for 2 more months of rumors and speculation.
  9. cereal killer

cereal killer Well-Known Member

HanSolo's sista told him 11/11 it drops. Just passing the info along.........
  10. The_Chief

Slight adjustment: now it's 11/17/11...
  11. cereal killer

cereal killer Well-Known Member

November seems to be the magic month.

Here's something unverified and posted on DF.net

[​IMG]
    The_Chief likes this.
  12. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

This guy just posted an almost-link to it on the Nexus Prime forum. If you delete the space after www, it takes you to the thread.

EDIT: Weird, seems to have disappeared from the forum! Wonder if mods deleted it?
  13. The_Chief

From a very active Twitter feed today:

"For on the date that Bruce Wayne's true father did die, you shall in fact be able to buy in stores of red and black." TECH RIDDLES!

Batman's creator, Bob Kane, died on a November 3rd... which happens to fall on a Thursday this year. Verizon typically releases new phones on Thursdays, so I am keeping that date CLEAR to go get my new phone! :D WHOOT
  14. moondrius

moondrius Well-Known Member

BMX was dead on for the Thunderbolts release date so its looking like we have one for the Prime.