• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Release Date?

Now if the Revolution really hits next week, we'll finally get the chance to compare LG's latest screen tech against Samsung's SuperAMOLED plus. I'm not expecting the LG to be better, but I'm hoping it's at least as good or better than the excellent screen on the Thunderbolt.

Me too. I will definitely compare Revolution, Charge, Tbolt screens though I think Super AMOLED Plus on Charge has edge. Will see.

Upvote 0
Added: Surprised no recent spec or device videos in the wild, if a May release.

Yeah, I am a little surprised at the lack of info/news for this device. I have been a loyal VZW subscriber for the last 6 years but they are really making it hard to stay with them. I mean, if you look at AT&T-Mobile, they are the hot bed of android devices. With today the announcement of the new sammy 4.5". Granted, it is also single core but they step it up with a 1.2Ghz hummingbird and a radio capable of 21Mbps down. That is strong. There is really zero doubt that VZW is coming in 3rd place for handsets. However, I will take "The Network" to this point, but the decision is getting harder and harder (especially considering why VZW's handsets suck so back, APPLE). That just makes me want to leave even more. I just wish VZW would answer the other carriers hardware.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I am a little surprised at the lack of info/news for this device. I have been a loyal VZW subscriber for the last 6 years but they are really making it hard to stay with them. I mean, if you look at AT&T-Mobile, they are the hot bed of android devices. With today the announcement of the new sammy 4.5". Granted, it is also single core but they step it up with a 1.2Ghz hummingbird and a radio capable of 21Mbps down. That is strong. There is really zero doubt that VZW is coming in 3rd place for handsets. However, I will take "The Network" to this point, but the decision is getting harder and harder (especially considering why VZW's handsets suck so back, APPLE). That just makes me want to leave even more. I just wish VZW would answer the other carriers hardware.

I'm sittin' right there with ya buddy. And if Sprint drops the EVO 3D before Berizon drops a Bionic or SGS2, or a new dual core droid "something" then Berizon will firmly be in fourth place in hardware competition and "up-to-date-ness."

Upvote 0
I'm sittin' right there with ya buddy. And if Sprint drops the EVO 3D before Berizon drops a Bionic or SGS2, or a new dual core droid "something" then Berizon will firmly be in fourth place in hardware competition and "up-to-date-ness."

Verizon's next big hardware drop will be the x2 which is 3g dual core. Don't expect dual cores and LTE anytime soon (this month or possibly next). Now I am purely speculating here but I don't expect to see any dual core monsters with LTE until July or maybe later. I think you will see far more in fall with the push for Christmas, also expect the iFon5 this fall, but this is my opinion.

Upvote 0
Since iPhone5 is pushed back to Fall, now is good time for android manufacturers to take advantage of this. Especially LG needs to bring out dual core phone like G2x or 3D to Verizon in addition to Revolution to establish their name on android. But I also have feeling that Apple behind Verizon's slow pace of android releases and sub par lineup this year, so that's probably unlikely.

This is just my theory. I think Samsung was shooting for early summer release of SGSII in time for iPhone5 launch. But once they learned it's pushed back to Fall, they decided to pull it ahead couple of months to leverage this sales, marketing opportunity. Maybe they are readying LTE enabled SGSII for Fall to counter iPhone5 launch. And iPhone5 delay might have played role in Motorola's delaying Bionic to enhance it even further.

Upvote 0
The problem is VZW is so vested in evil Apple, they appear to have less for Android devices, so are pushing mid-level hardware for premium level prices.

I have zero confidence in VZW releasing a dual core LTE device before fall and that will only be because VZW will have no choice, since main feature devices offered by OEMs at that point will be dual core only (by then, single cores are being set to lower phone segments).

Upvote 0
The problem is VZW is so vested in evil Apple, they appear to have less for Android devices, so are pushing mid-level hardware for premium level prices.

I have zero confidence in VZW releasing a dual core LTE device before fall and that will only be because VZW will have no choice, since main feature devices offered by OEMs at that point will be dual core only (by then, single cores are being set to lower phone segments).

They will be pushing a dual core iPhone 5... Yeah the premium prices... in store I mentioned that the prices are insane (tbolts 250 bucks) and they immediately walked to the iPhone and started hard selling the iPhone... The whole time they kept asking me if I was interested in the iPhone or iPad. How many times do you have to tell someone you are an android user...

Upvote 0

I couldn't agree more. I can't believe how the power of Android has shifted so quickly. VZW was pretty much the premiere carrier for Android the last few years. However, since the Apple crap came in January, we have yet to see a device on par with other carriers. The best device in VZW's lineup is pretty much equal to the #2 or #3 device on all other carriers. Of course with the exception of the LTE Radio.

Upvote 0
I couldn't agree more. I can't believe how the power of Android has shifted so quickly. VZW was pretty much the premiere carrier for Android the last few years. However, since the Apple crap came in January, we have yet to see a device on par with other carriers. The best device in VZW's lineup is pretty much equal to the #2 or #3 device on all other carriers. Of course with the exception of the LTE Radio.

I own an authorized dealer location for another carrier and I will tell you ALL carriers are evil and heartless.
That being said VZW is the king of overpriced plans and trickery BUT........ They do have Excellent coverage so that's how they get you to agree to be screwed nine ways to Sunday.
:thinking::(

Upvote 0

Well, looks like the revolution is set to launch tomorrow. I've seen one report that the screen sucks here:

LG Revolution hands-on

But phone arena said the screen was great. I can't see LG screwing up on a screen.

We'll see tomorrow. Berizon has enough cool new phones for me to go in and do some more comparison testing finally. The last time I did any real testing was when the Atrix and Thunderbolt came out. Now I can go in and compare the Charge, DX2, and the Revolution, depending on whether my local store gets the Revolution right away or not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones