Release dateGeneral

1. chief113

chief113 Well-Known Member

When is it? People in the stores have never even heard of it.

Advertisement
    :
  2. oshogg

oshogg Active Member

I have the same question - even rough idea (Feb or March or later) would be great.

Thanks,
    Osho
  3. blaquenoise

blaquenoise New Member

A waste of Samsung resources. I have the S2 and S2: Skyrocket. Got the S2 when I did an upgrade. Gave that to my wife. Then used her upgrade to get the Skyrocket. But like I said before the HD version is a waste of resources. It only has three differences from the og Skyrocket. 1) a slightly bigger battery 2) .15 size enlargement 3) 1,280 x 720 screen resolution over the 800 x 480 og one. The only real significant upgrade is the screen resolution.
  4. yeti101

yeti101 Active Member

i dunno i think samsung might need it as other companies will have hd screens out soon . It will fill the gap before the s3 launches in summer

also if they do a S2 HD with 720p res it suggests the s3 will have to go one better and do 1080p LOL
  5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I am beginning to believe the skyrocketed hd and S3 are actually the same device

No one at Samsung around here has heard of the skyrocketed hd
  6. diaper84

diaper84 Well-Known Member

hm, samsung released GS2 LTE & LTE HD at the same time in korea
    I'm guessing skyrocket HD is actually LTE HD in korea.

I read korean article, samsung's holding off GS3 until new iphone's announced.
  7. artbytes

artbytes Well-Known Member

I read korean article, samsung's holding off GS3 until new iphone's announced.[/QUOTE]

Any ideas on how soon that's coming?
  8. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

It'll either be out in june like the old cycle was or they are moving the iPhone cycle to fall like they did with the 4S.
  9. foxbat121

foxbat121 Member

I doubt it will be S3. Check Galaxy S2 HD LTE (which currently only available in Korea).

Naturally, Korea version of Galaxy S2 LTE = AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket.
    So, Korea version of Galaxy S2 HD LTE = AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket HD.

Of course, S3 will beat all these but we all know chances to see S3 in US carriers in 2012 is next to none.
  10. oshogg

oshogg Active Member

This was rumored to be released in "Q1" at CES time. If it was to be released in Q1 - shouldn't more rumors be coming out by about this time about potential release date ??

Osho
  11. fuzzyreets

fuzzyreets Well-Known Member

Yeah what is going on with this device???? Im not sure whether or not i want to keep the note and was hoping this would be out in the next fee weeks to help me make up my mind. It seems that there is NO information whatsoever about this phone. What the fizz!
  12. rdxhd

rdxhd Member

is this phone going to even be released now that the GSIII is rumored to come out in April?
  13. rdxhd

rdxhd Member

That is the Korean version that has been out for months. I am sure the U.S. (read AT&T) version will have the 4 capacitive buttons. I am just wondering if or when will it come since it is supposed to be in Q1 of this year.
  14. rdxhd

rdxhd Member

I am really shocked that there has not been any rumors about this phone. I just got the skyrocket and my 30 days will be up on March 20th. I would like to get the HD version if at all possible.
  15. fuzzyreets

I'd pretty much guess at this point that this is not happening considering S3 is right around the corner. I gave up. Keep an eye on the HTC One X that is coming out. Probably will fill the gap.
  16. oshogg

oshogg Active Member

17. rdxhd

rdxhd Member

Awesome! I just hope it gets released in the next 2 weeks before my 30 days are up. I don't way to have to go to my old phone.
  18. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Lol...First off, like someone said earlier...We will not see a US SG3 version anytime soon. If I had to guess I'd say maybe we'll see it by the end of Summer/ beginning of fall here in the states.

The Skyrocket HD would be the perfect device to release with ICS at this very moment. Number one it would phase out the previous two SG2 devices that launched on at&t, as well as provide a real alternative to the Note which is just too big for most people.

And number two this would also provide a nice cushion until the One X launches on at&t, which has been said to not be hitting the states until the late Spring/early Summer months.

My timetable guess would look like this.

Skyrocket HD with ICS- March 2012
    HTC One X- June 2012
    SG3- September 2012
  19. rdxhd

rdxhd Member

I have to say that I love the skyrocket. The only think that would make it better would be a HD screen. I came from a iPhone 4 and that's the only thing I miss. I like the note but the thing is just too big for me. My 30 days will be up soon but I am returning my skyrocket and going back to my old phone to wait for the skyrocket HD. I just hope the battery will last a day (15 -16 hours) gievn the new screen. The skyrocket is lasting my 15 hours with 25% of battery left at the end of the day. One thing is for sure I like Android a lot and how much it can be customized.
  20. fuzzyreets

I'm with you. I loved the Skyrocket when I had it. I returned it to get the HD version which is taking much longer to arrive than expected. I wonder if I should wait for the HTC One X at this point or the S3. Decisions decisions.
  21. oshogg

oshogg Active Member

I was evaluating to get HTC One X instead of Skyrocket HD but decided in favor of Skyrocket HD for 2 reasons

* Battery is embedded in HTC One X. All reports so far indicate that Skyrocket HD will have user-replacable battery. All phones pretty much have battery working at a substantially reduced capacity after 1 year or so and I would want to replace the battery completely at that time. Sounds like not possible with HTC One X.
    * HTC One X's Super LCD 2 screen is more power hungry and early reports indicate that it is not as good as Super AMOLED Plus (this is still debatable until we see both these devices). I am going with Skyrocket HD just for the lower display power usage.

Also, given that HTC One X's AT&T version will not have quad core, it is looking no better than Skyrocket HD in CPU processing.

Another reason, for me, is that I hate HTC's Sense but can live with Samsung's own skin (whatever it is called).

Osho
  22. fuzzyreets

I'm glad you wrote that. Now I won't feel bad if I get the Skyrocket HD. I've been waiting for the damn thing to have a date announced since early January and haven't gotten a new phone because of it.
  23. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Some good points indeed.

HTC can call the screen whatever they want to be fancy....but at the end of the day its an LCD screen where blacks will just not be deep and punchy. All in all, together with power efficiency and beautiful colors, nothing right now can match a Samsung Super Amoled HD screen.

As for battery life, who knows? I happen to like built in batteries because of the strength it gives the phone, and the fact that there would be zero creaking from a flimsy battery cover.

However, HTC is regarded as one of the worst manufacturers in the android world when battery life is brought up. Sense is power hungry, and they just have a habit of shipping tiny batteries that pretty much stink. A sealed 1800Mah battery for a 4.7inch screen phone with an LCD screen...Jeez, I give it 3-4 hours tops if I had to guess.

Overall if ICS is shipped in a timely fashion to the Skyrocket HD...that would be a BiG bonus, but I'd have to give the Skyrocket an edge either way. Especially since HTC hasn't given us any indication of when this phone will launch and alot of speculation has pointed towards early Summer on at&t...
  24. foxbat121

foxbat121 Member

One X is using Snapdragon S4 CPU for AT&T's version. If Skyrocket HD is simply a Skyrocket with HD screen (Probably is), its ancient S3 processor will be much worse/slower than the S4.