Release dateGeneral

1. oshogg

oshogg Active Member

I am not sure where you got that data from - could you point to the source? I have been trying to find definitive information about what the processor is but cannot find it.

Another point in Skyrocket HD favor: One X does not have expandable memory so we are stuck to the built-in 16GB and cannot insert an SD card. I like having the capability to put a beefier SD card for personal storage that can easily be moved to desktop PC and vice-a-versa.

Osho
  2. foxbat121

foxbat121 Member

The processor info was released by HTC at MWC'12. Google any of the MWC reports and you will see it. In some benchmarks, Snapdragon S4 could be faster than Tegra 3 Qaud core. It's a very capable CPU unlike S3.

Expandable memory is nice to have but obviously not a deciding factor for many. Otherwise, iPhones won't be #1 smartphone in the world. And Samsung GTab 10.1 won't sell as well as other Android tablets.
  3. oshogg

oshogg Active Member

Yea, we know HTC will have Snapdragon S4. My comment was regarding the Skyrocket HD processor - there does not seem to be any concrete info regarding what that will be.

Osho
  4. foxbat121

foxbat121 Member

I'd be very supprised if Skyrocket HD comes with S4. It will be simply a rebadge of S2 HD LTE verison released on Korea just like Skyrocket. Samsung isn't going to jeopardize its upcoming GS3 by releasing S4 packed Skyrocket HD.
  5. oshogg

oshogg Active Member

Fair point. Assuming this is the case, here is the tally of pros/cons so far.

HTC One X:

Pros:

• Faster processor
    • slightly bigger screen (4.7 vs 4.6 on Skyrocket HD)
    • Bluetooth 4.0 (vs. Bluetooth 3.0 on Skyrocket HD)
    Cons:

• No user-removable battery
    • No SD card for expansion
    • No AMOLED screen
    Skyrocket HD:

Pros:

• Coming earlier (Expected ~April vs ~June for One X)
    • User-removable battery
    • SD Card for expanded storage
    • Super AMOLED plus screen
    Cons:

• Older processor (still 1.5GHz dual-core same as One X but more power-hungry and less performance)
    • No Bluetooth 4.0

Both have 1GB RAM. Both have 8MP camera. Both have 1080p video recording. Both have the same set of connectivity (LTE etc.).

I am inclined towards Skyrocket HD at this point ... decisions/decisions :)

Osho
  6. foxbat121

foxbat121 Member

It won't be Super AMOLED Plus screen. It will be Super AMOLED HD screen using Pentile because Samsung has yet to be able to make non-pentile HD screen. The first one to use Super AMOLED Plus HD screen probably will be GS3.

I'd like decide between Skyrocket HD and the soon-to-be released GS3 instead of One XL. But god knows when GS3 will be released in US.
  7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

The hd "should be " out mid to late April....the s3 rumors now say June

Waiting on my friend to get back from vacation. ..maybe find out more info
  8. rdxhd

rdxhd Member

I was really hoping that it came out by the end of March since the timeframe most websites were quoting was Q1.
  9. Cosh632

Cosh632 Member

Mid April? That's a terrible timeline. S3 in June not stateside right?
  10. fuzzyreets

fuzzyreets Well-Known Member

I think I"m sticking with my Note for now. Until S3 of course. We shall see what that brings. I did the skyrocket for about a month. Great device but starting ot love the Note.
  11. Cosh632

Cosh632 Member

I was looking at the note but I was afraid I would start to not like the size. I really want the s2 hd to come out and I really hope it's fast. I was actually thinking of getting the original S2?
  12. fuzzyreets

Yeah...You know....you're right. i'm taking my Note back today. It's awesome but overall too large. Where the HELL is the Skyrocket HD!
  13. Cosh632

Cosh632 Member

Are you really taking back your Note? How long did you have it for?

When did you find it was "getting in the way" or "too large?" I was thinking driving with it in my pocket (something iPhone 4 does well) would be impossible.
  14. fuzzyreets

I'm selling the Note. I can make some money off of it if I sell it. The only real time I found it was a problem was when I wanted to use it one handed. It's so light that I didn't even notice it in my pocket to be honest. I need something that works one handed. If that wasn't an issue for me then it would be no problem. It is a beautiful device.
  15. Cosh632

Cosh632 Member

I understand now.

I don't know how much longer I'm going to last. I keep checking day in and out and the most recent feed I saw said something like April or May??? I can't wait that long!
  16. fuzzyreets

I don't understand what the point of this phone is going to be if they wait much longer with the S3 slated for June. Anyone else agree?? Way too many android phones coming out that are all the same...
  17. Cosh632

Cosh632 Member

The only concern is even if it says released in June, that means it will probably be in Asia or Europe. I can't see AT&T jumping on this right away to bring it stateside. I mean look at the S2 HD LTE. It's been out since last year and it's still not here.
  18. rdxhd

rdxhd Member

Did you ever hear back from your friend? I am just really dissapointed that they are waiting so long to release it. Is not like is going to come with ICS.
  19. oshogg

oshogg Active Member

I am really looking for some info on this phone.. I hope AT&T releases this before middle of April.

Osho
  20. oshogg

oshogg Active Member

With just 3 days away from April 8th, and no announcements or any other leaks except that one washingtonpost.com report; I am unlikely to believe that April 8th is really the release date for Skyrocket HD.

Osho
  21. dmunjal

dmunjal Active Member

Guess it didn't release today. Don't see it on ATT.
  22. Urbancowboy

Urbancowboy Member

Any word? My local AT&T store had no clue on this. Really hoping someone has some kind of information!
  23. oshogg

oshogg Active Member

I went to the AT&T store on Saturday afternoon. They had Lumia 900 and they were also deoming it. Could be bought on Monday morning. They still had no word on Skyrocket HD.
    Urbancowboy likes this.
  24. Urbancowboy

Urbancowboy Member

Ahhh I'm about to give up on this! Why is it taking so long? My local AT&T store had never even heard of it!