• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Release] Leak of Official FRF84b for droid

I wiped cache and system (three times each, I swear!!) :) and then installed this over BB v0.3.

Initially seemed to be fine, app tray launches/scrolls, etc. Tried to launch market and market home page wouldn't load...tried to go to Downloads and that looks like it won't load either...

Any suggestions/tweaks I should try?

Upvote 0
My update went without a hitch. Wiped (3x) beforehand. Well, I did have a problem with the Market sync, had to cancel the installations and do them manually. No biggie though. They probably would've worked but I was impatient...

My maps was already at 4.3. Remember to go to settings-->More-->Labs and enable some cool functionality.

Quadrant 1301 w/included (1ghz) kernel. Pandora is working again...

101mb free ram after boot (this is with Pure calendar, Switch Pro, Beautiful Smaller Home, Folder Organizer widgets)

Upvote 0
So everyone is just installing this for the (hopefully) faster/more stable OS? Does anyone know if this update adds any functionality whatsoever?

I think I'll stick with FRF57 NexBeast until I see more reports from everyone. I just got 2 random reboots for the first time with FRF57 yesterday (within a few hours of each other too :mad:), so I'm about ready to try something new.

Upvote 0
My market only shows top free/ and just in. No paid apps. What's the deal?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I have the same problem. It doesnt show the paid apps. Anyway of getting those back :thinking:

Ok so I used the marketfix.zip that I picked up from somewhere, I can't remember where and now I have access to premium apps again. But I seriously hope they fix this problem before releasing froyo to the masses. I heard the market problem with the last Froyo and I guess this one to is the market has a problem identifying security or something like that. Although I can now d/l the premium apps, it still only shows free/just in. I don't know what's up with that.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Did you guys try clearing your Market data? Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> Market -> Clear Data?

I've heard that's the ticket, but I've yet to experience any Market issues.

Im told thats how to fix it too, but every time I go to do that for w.e ROM is having this everexistent market issue, the apps under all in manage apps shows all the apps, but is stuck computing the data and wont let me press any function once i click the individual app...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones