1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

[RELEASE] Live Wallpapers for 2.0.1

1. Branndon

Branndon Well-Known Member

AllDroid - View topic - [release] Live Wallpapers for Droid 2.0.1

Thread Title at AllDroid.com if that link gets removed.

My demo of me using it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzs1HGO6Pas

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

playa playa

Now, this is hot
  3. Branndon

I have installed this on 2.0.5 sholes. First time booting it locked up, but just did a battery pull and working great now! I haven't tried an interactive wallpaper yet.
  4. Branndon

Update, tried the nexus wallpaper, and it is touch enabled! Awesome, this is the only reason I wanted 2.1
  5. Fabolous

Finger interactions with the wallpapers won't work with the 2.0.1 launcher (requires Launcher2), but interactive wallpapers do work (spectrum analyzes music, etc).

This is lookin' good on my themed 2.0.6 Sholes!
  6. Branndon

My finger interactions work and I'm using dxtop. I haven't tried the default launcher though
  7. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

SweeterHome2 does not play nicely with Live Wallpapers :(
  8. GolfnDroid

GolfnDroid Well-Known Member

Download tgz file to sd card, boot into recovery and install over current rom. Will this work?
  9. Fabolous

Yes, this is the correct method.
  10. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

yep
  11. Fabolous

Can't make a vid right now, but here's a screen cap:

[​IMG]

Still getting benches as low as 150ms, so not too worried about it hogging down my phone.
  12. GolfnDroid

I've officially changed my stance on rooting with SMU i downloaded the tgz file off of "the other site" ota but it says "file.php" i'm assuming it is doing this because i didn't drag and drop using adb. Cuz when after i downloaded and booted into recovery, it is only showing the Sholes .tars available to install
  13. Fabolous

Are you using your computer to download or your Droid?

Just download the file with your computer, put it on the root of your sdcard, and know the drill.
  14. GolfnDroid

I used my droid which defaults to downlad folder so i could go into Astro and move file.php into root of sd card and then rename it as a tgz file?
  15. Fabolous

I don't think that'll work. I think the Droid misinterpreted the link, and downloaded the link 'file.php', instead of the file it was pointing to, which is a 4MB rom.
  16. Branndon

just rename it to the original name before you downloaded it.
  17. GolfnDroid

Good call. Thanks Fab.
  18. Mac

Mac Member

Got it working on mine with dxTop installed as well.
  19. GolfnDroid

Tried again using droid to download. I renamed file.php to livewallpapers.tgz (i believe it is right cuz it is a 4MB file) droid defaults to download folder, does anyone know how to move this file from download folder to root of sd using Astro i dont have a usb available until tomorrow.
  20. Branndon

rename it to " Live-Wallpapers.rom.tgz "

hold on the file from astro, choose edit, then copy, then go to the root of the sd and paste it?
  21. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Awesome! Doesn't seem to work w/ Home++, though. Now, if we could just get that 3D app drawer, that'd be sa-weet!
  22. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

Anyone else's phone crashing a lot from it? Like the processor just can't take it it almost seems.. I was running 1.2Ghz, but I brought it down to 1Ghz since it's rebooted 4 times in the last 10 mins since live wallpapers were installed.. :cool:

3D app drawer is on it too.. but I don't get why it keeps crashing!
  23. Branndon

No crashing here. No speed difference at all, I'm running 500/1200
  24. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Ah you're right, I must've missed it from going back and forth from the launcher to Home++. I did have a random restart and needed to do a battery pull. Also, the 3D app drawer is very slow to start up, but otherwise smooth. But Pete is incorporating this into 7.7, so maybe he can make this more stable.
  25. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I installed this and my phone would boot afterward I had to restore a nandroid backup to get it to work again. I think I am just going to wait for pete to release 7.7