• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reliable PIN/Pattern/Password widget

famac!

Nov 10, 2009
Is there a free and reliable PIN/Password/Pattern widget out there that works with Froyo? I am talking about one you put on your main home screen and one click turns on or off your security of choice (PIN, Pattern or Password) without having to dig through several settings pages to get to it. I had one with 2.1 but now, none seems to work with Froyo.

I'm looking for a solution for this too. The Incredible works with Exchange to use a pattern lock, but the Motorola Droid gets the pattern disabled by the same Exchange policy. Entering a PIN is a pain compared to a sliding pattern. I am hoping to find a way to do this with the Droid on Android 2.2.

There is an application called LockPicker that worked with 2.1, but it is not compatible with 2.2. Anyone know of a way to do this without rooting your phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones