Reliable PIN/Pattern/Password widget

Last Updated:

1. famac!

famac! Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a free and reliable PIN/Password/Pattern widget out there that works with Froyo? I am talking about one you put on your main home screen and one click turns on or off your security of choice (PIN, Pattern or Password) without having to dig through several settings pages to get to it. I had one with 2.1 but now, none seems to work with Froyo.

Advertisement
  2. markdmac

markdmac Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a solution for this too. The Incredible works with Exchange to use a pattern lock, but the Motorola Droid gets the pattern disabled by the same Exchange policy. Entering a PIN is a pain compared to a sliding pattern. I am hoping to find a way to do this with the Droid on Android 2.2.

There is an application called LockPicker that worked with 2.1, but it is not compatible with 2.2. Anyone know of a way to do this without rooting your phone?

3. claydough85

claydough85 New Member

I'm interested as well...I had it on 2.1, but it is ineffective now. Thanks.

4. Helenoftroy08

Helenoftroy08 Well-Known Member

I dont know if it is true because I use Quick Settings, but curvefish LockPattern OnOff claims to be working with froyo.

5. markdmac

markdmac Well-Known Member

I can confirm that LockPattern OnOff does not override the setting and allow you to use the pattern instead of a pin.