Reload Captivate OS

Last Updated:

1. kbarsi

kbarsi New Member This Topic's Starter

I had an iPhone 3g and I just bought the Captivate. I am having issues with it freezing and general hanging in apps occasionally. I need to force the close of apps too often. I rooted the phone but don't think that should have caused these issues.

Is there a way to reinstall the os? Not just resetting the defaults but reinstalling the software. I am thinking if I reload the os I might be able to resolve some of these issues.

Does anyone have an option or information on how to do this?

Advertisement
  2. NOSintake

NOSintake Well-Known Member

3. askpcguy

askpcguy Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried that One click odin restore? I think I deleted Gtalk from my Captivate now the Marketplace will not download anything.

4. llessur

llessur Active Member

5. llessur

llessur Active Member

Ohh BTW. The version I posted also gets rid of the ATT apps. So this might also be a plus for you. :)

6. askpcguy

askpcguy Well-Known Member

It worked for me, I had to get the timing down of when to let go of the power button to get into download mode. Once I got that, the re-flash finished and I got my phone to download from the market place again. I hate the dependancy on gtalk for the market place.

About the Froyo rom, I think I'll wait a bit to see how it goes for other people.

Thanks!

7. llessur

llessur Active Member

Sorry, I should have clarified. I used the I9000 rom with the Captivate kernel, which is still 2.1. I'm not doing 2.2 yet either. Too many bugs with that. Glad u got it going!