• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remaining Apps not filling in space after uninstall

thefreg

Lurker
Jun 15, 2011
Hi,

I try a lot of apps from the Market. Everytime I uninstall one of the apps, the other apps don't rush in to fill the space that the uninstall app has created. As a result, I am left with multiple pages containing 8-10 apps (when viewed in a grid).

This has been a problem with my phone from the start. Its annoying now because there are too many spaces and I can't long-press move all these apps one by one. Even if I did, at the next uninstall the same problem would repeat itself. Need a long-term solution. Please help.

I'm running Gingerbread 2.3.6 OS on a Samsung Galaxy S i9000.

No .. I'm talking about the actual app icons in the app menu.
In case I wasn't clear - if I have 4 app screens (in grid view) full of 16 apps per screen( or page). I delete 4 apps each from screen 2,3 and 4. This will leave me with 4 blank spaces (where the deleted apps used to be) on screens 2,3 and 4. Ideally, the apps should realign themselves so that screen 2 and 3 get filled with remaining apps and there are no blank spaces.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones