Remember DMUpdater?

Last Updated:

1. supersaki

supersaki Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    jxker and SoDroid like this.
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I thought this would be coming from someone although not sure I would have guessed DM. Based off the same way birdman rooted the Droid X I suspect.

3. SoDroid

SoDroid Well-Known Member

I've been rooting friend's Droids for some time, this is great news! Will definitely save me about 20-30 minutes of RSD waiting time!

4. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

LOL 2.1 root just in time for 2.2 :)

5. BenDroid

BenDroid Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing lol. "2.1 Root updater is out....oh wait....it no longer works because we are already on 2.2 ... Darn!!!" Back to the drawing board DroidMod. See you in another 3 or 4 months when you come out with something totally awesome like a 2.1 ROM or something.

6. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

this is by far the easiest way to root! yes 2.2 comes next week, but not the benefits of having a rooted 2.2 rom. get it while its hot!

7. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Little chance this exploit will be patched for 2.2 although it really should be. Since this exploit affects every android device its a big issue. Really any market app could get root access and do whatever it wanted to stock users.

8. BenDroid

BenDroid Well-Known Member

So in theory, this same DMUpdater could be used for 2.2 to gain root access?
    If so, that would be pretty cool I guess.

9. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

In theory yes but for reasons stated above I hope they have this exploit patched for 2.2.

10. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Got to give the DroidMod team credit where credit is due. I rooted my phone with DMU when it first came out. I knew nothing about rooting or custom Roms back then and DMU made it simple. Too bad their custom roms never took off.

11. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware rooting was that hard to begin with d:

12. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Well-Known Member

Ahh, the only app I ever paid for and it ended up getting taken off of the market:rolleyes:

13. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

So today I completely screwed my phone up and ended up using an sbf to go back to 2.0.1

I was going to use the old DMUpdater to root 2.0.1 for me because it is easier than messing with rsd lite and I was in a hurry to get off 2.0.1

Well it told me there was a new version available and pointed me to the market where a new version is available for $20. Obviously I went through the hoops of using rsd lite to get SPR and used an old nandroid to get my CM6 setup back.

I cant believe that they are asking $20 for this. I cant seem to find it on the market by searching though not sure whats up with that.

14. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

I had to do this same thing a couple of weeks ago, and used the old DMUpdater to get root back. Are you saying that the old version will no longer work -- that it won't do anything but direct you to the $20 new version?

EDIT: If that's the case, I have the old root update.zip (from 2.0.1) from the original rootyourdroid.info website (I used this file back in January to root for the first time). If there's anyone who finds him/herself needing it, hit me up on PM.

15. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Im pretty sure it was the old one. I know I did download the newer one when Droidlife posted the beta but I thought I deleted it

16. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried this on the HTC Incredible?????