• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[CLOSED] Remind me how to copy n paste in Mobile Google calendar

Milo4T

Lurker
Aug 28, 2016
On my Samsung Galaxy SIII, Google Calendar.
Somehow my old IT brain has stopped working or something has been updated in one of the calendar updates in the last year that seems to stop me from selecting then copying text in one event to paste into a new event. I haven't had to use this functionality for quite a while, but over the last month or so I have tried to no avail! I thought I used to just select the text I wanted (like the name of the event), then pressed on the selected text and a dialogue would popup asking what I wanted to do - copy, cut, paste etc.

All I seem to be able to get now when I select text is the "paste" question.

Is my memory completely failing me?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Okay, I have now identified what is wrong!
I went back to an entry in May on my phone (that I needed to access and copy), tapped on the text - AND GOT WHAT I USED TO GET BEFORE SOME GOOGLE CALENDAR UPDATE - a blue angular rectangle at each end of the text and the white box at the top of the screen with a tick on the L-hand side and then the icons for what you wanted to do, cut, copy etc.!!!!!!! I successfully copied and then pasted the text into a new entry. I can no longer get this functionality, this only happened the one time today.

NOW what happens in Google calendar when I tap on text to select it, YOU GET A WHITE BALLOON SORT OF THING AT EACH END OF THE TEXT, the white box at the top of the screen with the tick on the L-hand side BUT, and this is a BIG BUT, the icons (on my phone at least!) for what you wanted to do, cut, copy etc. ARE INVISIBLE IN THE WHITE BOX!!!!!!! WTF???

I select the text I want and tap SOMEWHERE in the white box at the top of the screen and hope that I tapped on "COPY" and not "CUT". If I successfully pressed on the correct area, I get a brief message, in a grey curved-edge box, that appears half-way down the phone screen in amongst the keyboard, that says "Copied to clipboard"

What the heck is going on???????

Upvote 0
Okay, another update on this saga! I noticed today that when I was in Firefox on a website - say Google - I type in or retrieve some previous search text - select some text and voila, I get the CORRECT white box WITH the icons (cut, copy, etc.) displayed at the top of the page, but the "balloons" at each end of the selected text are orange not white like in Google Calendar! So it looks like it's a problem (for me anyway) in Google Calendar. I don't know whether it's my phone or Google Calendar itself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones