Remote control App with Samsung gal 2 Tab, gt-p5113

Last Updated:

1. Bamimi

Bamimi New Member

I have the Samsung galaxy tablet 2 GT-P5113, and as many know it has a pretty cool IR port on it...which works awesome for like direct transfer/etc..... but it also has the capability to be a totally cool universal remote. (And but cool I mean imagine the graphics and cool stuff you can have going on, the screen at the time with any button you wish on a nice big 10.1 inch screen.) but alas...they give you this program called 'peel' which sorta sucks...I think it was 'meant' to be used with some third party hardware, which makes the hardware control whatever you want...even though that is totally unnecessary..... it does in fact control the channel, allows me to type the channel I want and the tv will switch to it, controls volume/etc...and on the screen it lists shows that are currently showing...but get is only by have to hit a button for like 'comedy' and it will supposedly show you what comedy's are one goes through a channel guide by genre that I know of..... it is annoying as all get-go..... so my question is, does anyone know a app that allows the remote functions through the IR port, but also say shows a listing of what is currently on TV also, by channel? I ran across one app, which I cannot remember its name, but it asked which service provider you had, and it had mine available, and it allowed me to see the listing/etc...but then it wouldn't work with my TV or digital cable box.... it was so close..... anyone have any ideas?