• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remote control for computer

obsidianwings

Jan 26, 2012
Looking for an app that means I can use my phone as a remote for the computer over wifi. Want to be able to hook my laptop up to the tv then sit on my couch with my phone and watch tv on demand and such. Theres a few apps on the market, but not sure if they suit my purposes. Anyone have one?

Teamviewer works well for that, even on a remote computer. I can control my computer at home, or my mother's, from anywhere with it. You get the exact computer screen, complete with mouse cursor, which you can control with the touchscreen. It works on any platform - Windows, Linux, Android, etc. The only thing it won't do is let you control your Android device from your computer. For some reason that doesn't work, but you can certainly control your computer from your phone.

Upvote 0
Hope it's okay if I jump in to borrow the thread for a related Q..

With Teamviewer, would that work to play a game on the computer? I'm looking to play a Steam game (non-action slow game) on the android. I'll be getting my android 2.2 tablet in a few days.
The specific game only requires mouse movement and clicks... but keyboard control with a game would be a plus.
(Steam is from a program installed on the computer, rather than a web-based game.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones