• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remote Control for Electrical Gates

I would really love it if someone could develop an application that would allow me to use my android phone as a remote control to open my motorised gates and garage doors, if it's at all possible. Any takers?

I think the biggest limitation here is that the hardware doesn't support radio signals that are commonly used for motorized gates and garage doors. When they begin to make bluetooth/wireless adapters, then it would be cake to implement

Upvote 0
I think the biggest limitation here is that the hardware doesn't support radio signals that are commonly used for motorized gates and garage doors. When they begin to make bluetooth/wireless adapters, then it would be cake to implement

So if my Android "device" has infrared module, it could control the gates or garage door, right?

Most remote control are using infrared ray, right?

Please advice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones