Remote controlling a Nexus 7 from PC ?Support

Last Updated:

1. ianfitzgibbon

ianfitzgibbon New Member

Hi all

Apologies in advance - but is there any app for the nexus 7 that I can "remote control" it from a PC. style, as my uncle has just got himself a nexus and I already help him with all his pc issues and want to help him with N7 .. but he is over 30 Mins car journey away..

Thanks again

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Hi Ian, welcome to AF! :)

There are plenty of apps which allow you to control your PC from your phone/tab, but there only appears to be one which does it the other way around: Droid VNC Viewer.

Unfortunately, it looks as though that requires root to work properly so I doubt that's suitable?
    ianfitzgibbon and whs37 like this.
  3. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

That sounds like a brilliant applications and the people who commented were full of praise. I would think that the OP would have to make the 30 minute trip once to root the N7 and install the app.The app shows as being compatible with the N7.
    ianfitzgibbon likes this.
  4. ianfitzgibbon

ianfitzgibbon New Member

Thank you sooooo much guys for the replies - as you said rooting at the moment is probably out of the question as my uncle has just got a N7 and is very new to it / driod OS itself.

It's a pity the vnc viewer will only work on rooted tabs :s

Thank you again guys and brilliant forum :)
  5. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

ianfitzgibbon likes this.
  6. ianfitzgibbon

ianfitzgibbon New Member

Thanks again guys :D
  7. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

Hmm, Teamviewer should be a good option. Did not know that existed for Android. I use it on the PC and it works great.
  8. gbynum

gbynum Well-Known Member

Can you talk a little more about this ... I installed it ... does seem cleaner than the Jump VNC viewer I've been using to view the PC ... but don't see how to control the android device.
  9. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

I've been using teamviewer on pc for a long time and since the first week it came out on android. I never knew you could control it both ways... I'll have to give that a look when I get home.