• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Remote Desktop Connection (Win XP Pro)

yourm0m1

Nov 2, 2009
sorry this is very rough but it works and if you need help or i missed something just reply below

okay im using the free version currently but i will be buying the full tomorrow just to support the dev.

Home (Remote) search for remote on the marketplace to get the app

on pc (Windows XP PRO also win 2k and 2k3) right click my computer >properties >remote >allow remote desktop connections

if you have a dynamic IP which most of us have then you need to setup a 3rd party service....im using dyndns.com and its working perfect as of tonight

on www.dyndns.com go to services at the top of the page > dynamic dns > dynamic dns FREE > right corner of screen click get started

create a unique host name and change the suffix to your choosing (this only will need to be entered once on the phone) > click "use auto detected ip address" >click add to cart >create dyndns account need real email to verify

https://www.dyndns.com/support/clients/ click top right corner "Download Now" enter username and password that was used to setup dyndns account originally

if you are behind a router/firewall you will need to setup port forwarding, open port 3389 Let me google that for you

now on phone open remote rdp demo that you should have gotten off the marketplace > menu> add> for the host enter the hostname and suffix you created with dyndns.com >enter username and password for windows account >click back arrow on phone and then click the newly created hostname with your username in front if everything went well then you should see your desktop in a few seconds!!

have fun....i might clean this up but probably not just post questions below and ill keep up on the thread

i have not been able to control the mouse yet with the trackpad, supposed to work at least the release notes say trackball on hero does.....im gonna get the full paid version not the enterprise and see if thatll take care of it.

as for vnc there are a few apps but im not interested since rdp is built-in to win and its doing what i wanted

there is also a couple other rdp apps but remote rdp worked first so im not bothering with the others

Upvote 0
I use the android app 'remote vnc' with real vnc installed on my windows xp system and it works great. It allows me to use the touch screen swipe or drag to move around (the mouse cursor follows) then tap or double tap to click anything. Had to forward the port and oh ya, you need to use the onscreen keyboard to use the enter key.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones