1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Remote Notifier

1. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

I just got this app for my x and fascinate. it's amazing. when connected to wifi, my computer notifies me of my texts, calls, low battery, etc. it is great when i am working, and i even love it when i am at home, as my entertainment center is controlled by a PC.

check it out. best app all week. i am certain this belongs in another part of the forum, but i really only browse the x and fascinate sections, and i know a lot of you just stay around here too, and i thought you all might find it really useful.

Android Notifications to Your Desktop | xda-developers

Advertisement
    :
  2. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

I'm not sure which device you were referring to when you said, "when connected to wifi," but your DX can be using 3G and the app will still work.

I've also been trying this out for about a week now. I like it because I don't have to always look at my phone to see battery status, new messages, missed calls, etc. It all shows up on my PC.
  3. sund0wn

cool. i just assumed since it said, "The notifications can be sent over Wifi, Bluetooth, or (in the future) USB," that meant i had to be connected to wifi.

I am always on wifi when i am at home or work anyway, so the point is kinda moot, but do you just have to set up a custom IP address, or how do you make it work over 3G?
  4. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

I've been using numerous free No-IP DNS domains for years now. I just put one of them into the text box and it works. I also forward the necessary ports in my routers, of course.
    sund0wn likes this.
  5. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

I had been playing with Remote Notifier but I uninstalled it from my DX this morning. It's a nice concept but I'm just not satisfied with the implementation. In my case it did not display messages on my PC desktop consistent with my expectations.
  6. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Remote Notifier logs everything as well. As long as both your PC and your phone stay consistently connected to the Internet, you can basically go through the log and get an idea of your average battery life or other statistics.
  7. sund0wn

dont have much of a use to route it thru 3G, other than the log, but thanks to pointing out how to do it.
  8. Gekko

Gekko Well-Known Member

please delete.