Remote to control Xoom media?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. buurin

buurin Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking for some kind of physical remote that can control the Xoom media player (at a minimum).

Ideal remote functions:
    Be able to turn the screen on/off
    Bring up media player
    Pause/Play/FF/RW Audio
    Launch voice search
    Launch text search

Bluetooth, wifi... anything that works [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. mundyb

mundyb Active Member

Have you thought about the Motorola Bluetooth keyboard? I just got it today, so far I'm pretty impressed, and it has most of those functions. However I don't believe voice search, or screen on/off work from it. I'll have to play some more with it to be sure though.

3. buurin

The keyboard is too large for my usage, but functionality speaking - yes thats exactly what I am looking for.

I need a true remote-like form factor.

Thanks

4. whippintegra

whippintegra Well-Known Member

5. buurin

Thanks for the link. I've seen that around and think I may need to go the route of a small bluetooth keyboard (like the Frogpad).

I'd need to find a way to map the keys to actions (i.e. launch App, Next/Previous track) etc... I'm not sure if there is an app for this mapping. Key combinations(i.e. ctrl+f) would not meet my needs since I would be using the remote/keyboard with one hand.

I've searched for hours and I have yet to find any remotes which is odd because Bluetooth has a specific remote profile (AVRCP). The AVRCP remotes I've found usually only have 5 or so buttons strictly dedicated to media.

I currently use this IR remote on my PC:
    http://tekgems.com/images/large/creative-labs-multimedia-remote-control-1.jpg
    Its very small, about the size of a thick credit card. I simply want the bluetooth equivalent.

6. Digitalevil

Digitalevil Active Member

Did anybody manage to get the running apps from the Motorola Bluetooth keyboard ?? (the third status bar button)

Thanks

7. idic

idic Well-Known Member

Try tablet remote in the market and install it on your tablet and android phone - then use your phone as a remote. Still an early version, but shows good promise!