• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Remote Wipe-SD card?

SMARTPHONEPC

May 31, 2010
I did have a security question for loss-theft-remote backup-wipe scenarios on sd card depending devices like the EVO (vs sd-cardless Nexus S-iPhone), how much user data on the sd card is encrypted because couldn't the card simply be removed long before any remote backup-wipe thereby exposing your data?:eek:

Thanks,:cool:

NEW SD CARD Storage Optimizer - Android app on AppBrain
Maybe something like that. That allows you to encrypt it, though it seems like it might be a tedious ongoing process. Maybe just easier to not lose your phone.

I'll look into that app thanks but if it's so problematic maybe that's another reason why the Nexus S doesn't even have an SD card, I don't think corporations would be very satisfied with the "don't lose your phone" solution:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones