Removable battery?General

1. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

I currently use a Motorola Droid RAZR, but after multiple replacements Verizon has decided I can get a different phone through warranty. They tried giving me the Galaxy S3 but I asked about the DNA. They approved me for the DNA but then said I would have to pay $100 for a battery and battery door. Everything I've heard about the DNA was that it doesn't have a removable battery. The battery on the S3 is cheaper but half, so that does play into it if the DNA does indeed have a removable battery. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Well-Known Member

No removable battery or battery door on the DNA.
  3. oOMavrikOo

Thanks for your fast response. I'm going to a store today to check it out myself. The rep said there were four screws on the back and that I would have to purchase the battery and cover. He said they're currently out of stock of the covers. I'm wondering if this is a ploy to get me to not take the DNA. It's more recent than the S3 and I know the S4 is right around the corner.
  4. hilmar2k

There are no screws on the back. There is no discernible way to open it. I wish there was. It would be great to be able to swap out the battery for either a higher capacity one, or a new one in a year or so.
  5. oOMavrikOo

Should I call BS on Verizon and go for the DNA or would you recommend the S3 instead?
  6. hilmar2k

Well, you asked that in the DNA forum, so you can probably guess my answer.

I LOVE my DNA. I HATE Samsung phones. But go ask that in the GS3 forum and you'll get a very different answer. They'll bash the DNA for its non-removable battery and lack of expandable storage. And to some degree they'd be right. But I think the positive outweighs those negatives and recommend the DNA highly.
    oOMavrikOo likes this.
  7. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

The better signal strength makes all the difference for me. Also I would push back hard, as removing the back will void the warranty on the phone, so no way what they are saying is legit.
    oOMavrikOo likes this.
  8. oOMavrikOo

The rep also said that the phone they would send me would be certified preowned. Any other time, they've sent refurbished models. What's the difference?
  9. hilmar2k

Different name for the same thing. For a phone as recent as the DNA, it'll likely be a new phone set aside specifically for replacement.
  10. oOMavrikOo

Just got off the phone with a different rep. I'm getting my new (to me anyway) DNA on Monday. I'm pretty excited. I'm getting a few months old phone for one that came out over a year ago. Plus I get to keep my current contract. I just need to unroot my RAZR...
  11. hilmar2k

Awesome!! Enjoy the DNA, and be sure to stop back once you've played with it for a while and let us know how you like it (don't worry, you will).
    oOMavrikOo likes this.
  12. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Congrats, enjoy the phone!
    oOMavrikOo likes this.
  13. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

Yea the DNA all the way. My neighbor after having the S3 for 4 days exchanged for the DNA after he checked out mine. ;) Enjoy :)