Remove 2.0.1 updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. marknbrandon

marknbrandon Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I updated my Milestone last week and all was working ok.

I decided to root the phone today and ended up in some constant re-boot loop where the android logo would appear then reset....

I managed to get the phone working again after several hours of worry, but there still seems to be some issues...

I would like to remove the 2.0.1 update and re-install it again from frest so that i can fully remove this root access and hopefully my problems.

Any ideas how i can do this?

Advertisement
  2. MarioNico

MarioNico Well-Known Member

Your problem is not the root.. that enables a SU acces and modify nothing else on the phone's system. You don't have to downgrade to 2.0 to upgrade again to 2.0.1... just take the update 2.0.1 and flash it with RSD Lite on your phone again. My guess is that you had a corupted upgrade or an app gives you the big trouble. If this doesn't work a hard reset will solve your problems.. but this is the last solution cose you'll lose all your data. Good luck.

3. marknbrandon

Thanks MarioNico,

Any ideas where i can get the 2.0.1 update file from again?

I need the UK version which was released last week.

I have noticed though, that even though i have set my display to never turn off, if i leave the phone now for about 20 mins, the screen will go off - i dont remember it doing that before i messed with the phone.

4. MarioNico

I can get you the german 2.0.1 ... but for sure it will not work for you. Try to ask the other members... sad that this forum has no downloads where we can put the goodies for our phones.

5. chowdarygm

chowdarygm New Member

motorola_milestone:sbf [And Developers]

here is all versions (2.0 and 2.0.1 original flash files) . you can keep the phone in flash by pressing power up and d-pad up button one time while booting and flash whatever version u want with RSD Lite software.

be careful in choosing the right version for you.

i take no responsibility. just FYI :)

6. marknbrandon

Hi,

Thanks for the link to the files - i think this is exactly what i need.

If i flash the phone with the UK image from this file, i assume it will return my phone back to the stage it was at when it first came out of the box, then i can re-apply 2.0.1 again from the update software and all should be good again.

Thanks again for the info.

7. MarioNico

Just great. Thanks for the infos.

Offtopic: How did you do to have the 2.1 apps on the phone. A guide will be nice for the rest of us.

8. chowdarygm

chowdarygm New Member

here is the link from where i got all the 2.1 app files. other than 2.1 launcher everything else works perfectly

all nexus one 2.1 apps ported to droid in action | droid life: a motorola droid blog

root is not required to install these but you will have 2 versions of same file :)

but if you want to completely replace 2.0.1 apps with 2.1 apps you will need root explorer and manually remove 2.0.1 apps from system/app folder and copy the 2.1 apps to same folder and give appropriate permissions.

the detailed guide is here but its in german but you can use google translate

9. MarioNico

I'll give it a try. And about the translation... kein Problem mein Freund... check out my location :D... Thanks.