• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root remove ally keyboard shortcuts?

Is there any way to remove keyboard shortcuts for a rooted phone?

For instance, while texting i sometimes press ALT+DEL and it removes the whole line i was typing. Kind of frustrating. So if there were a way to remove those shortcuts through terminal or modifying files that would be great

Settings>Applications>Quick Lunch
All shortcuts are there, you can dissable them by holding your finger on a shortcut for about 2-3 seconds and click "Ok" when it asks to clear

Upvote 0
Settings>Applications>Quick Lunch, all shortcuts are there, you can dissable them by holding your finger on a shortcut for about 2-3 seconds and click "Ok" when it asks to clear

I've looked into that, that menu only lets me change what apps launch with certain keyboard combos. Which isn't what i need to change

Upvote 0
I've looked into that, that menu only lets me change what apps launch with certain keyboard combos. Which isn't what i need to change

you didn't try holding on the shortcut thats already preset, holding it for a few seconds lets you clear it.

EDIT: Oh never mind I got it wrong, I see what you are saying now, hhmmm... I'll see what I can find.

Upvote 0
I cant find anything at all on disabling them... I'll talk to LG Pro and have him contact LG Dev's to see why that feature was not given, but I dont believe the Android system itself has ever had that feature because I cant even find how to get rid of it on any other Android device.

Yeah i couldn't find anything either, I think it's a key placement problem on LGs part, I've typed on the droid, and i haven't had this problem. So yeah, thanks anyways.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones