remove an app from the desktop?

1. ebdozit

ebdozit Well-Known Member

How do you remove an app from the desktop?

Thanks.

Advertisement
    BradFazner likes this.
  2. digitized

digitized Active Member

Touch and hold the icon you want to delete and drag it to the bottom. You will see the middle icon change to a trash bin. :)
  3. WaLkeR

WaLkeR Well-Known Member

wait.. really?

Press and hold over the app and drag to the bar at the bottom that says remove......
  4. ebdozit

Thank you.
  5. ebdozit

Yeah....really. I'm old and not very tech savvy.

I will probably ask more stupid questions.

Sorry in advance.
  6. digitized

digitized Active Member

You're welcome. Ask away with any "stupid" questions you have. We're here to help other.
    BradFazner likes this.
  7. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

^Exactly. It doesn't come with a manual, or at least mine didn't, so you have to look it up online and for someone that isn't "tech savvy" that could pose a problem.
    BradFazner likes this.
  8. labboypro

labboypro Member

Tried this seemingly simple method on an icon under "All Programs" but it doesn't work. Last "update" of the application uninstalled itself (maybe their way of killing off their worthless app??? ... Shop Savvy). But it left the icon on the phone. I tried to hold, drag, and drop on the Remove button, but it doesn't remove the icon. When I go back to All Programs, the icon is still right where it was. If I click the icon, I get the expected message-- "The linked program is no longer installed on your phone." But I can't make the icon go away. Helllllp....

edit: if it matters... HTC Incredible on rooted 2.1.
  9. mikekoi

mikekoi New Member

Thanks, easy when you know how.
  10. SketchyDaClown

SketchyDaClown New Member

Thank you.
    That worked bitchin'!
  11. BradFazner

BradFazner New Member

Thanks guys! I just got the nexus 7 and I'm brand new to Android. You guys are so nice I registered on this forum!
  12. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Thanks Brad! Be sure to visit the Nexus 7 forum. We're a chatty bunch there. :)
  13. jerrylamos

jerrylamos New Member

All that did was put another copy of mynet icon on bottom row and still has mynet icon in middle of screen.