• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Remove ATT Startup Logo And Splash Screen?

Sheon

Aug 25, 2010
Is there anyway to delete this and just have the samsung logo on startup?

i already deleted all the preinstalled ATT crap that comes with the phone with titanium backup (i just deleted them did not even backup will never use them anyway -_-)

after i did that phone seems to be better for me :)

also i did delete that annoying swish sound at startup but it also took away the samsung startup sound and i like that one :(

so has anyone found a way to do this?

thx

oh and why is it that everyphone for att has there logo or some other att crap on it but the damn iPhone is the only phone clean without any att crap on it -_- i switched over from iPhone 4 could not be more happy :)

also is there a way to remove the att logo on the top of the phone im talking about the logo next to the speaker.

I've seen posts before about boot animations, boot logos, etc. and still can't understand why anyone gives a damn. I turn on the phone when I wake up, and by the time I empty my bladder and flush...the phone is ready for action. Startup sounds? O.K. I understand the desire for quiet. But the other stuff? Makes no sense to me, but I'm open to being convinced otherwise.

Upvote 0
It's likely that those startup screens are displayed while the ROM is bootloaded and the kernel is starting up. If there were no splash screens, you'd either be looking at a black screen (which would be frustrating cause you wouldn't know if it was booting or not) or the kernel boot up output.
I think it would be cooler to see the kernel boot output anyways kek. Also it would probably be less annoying as well to just replace the annoying splashscreen with one of our own

Upvote 0
Is there anyway to delete this and just have the samsung logo on startup?

i already deleted all the preinstalled ATT crap that comes with the phone with titanium backup (i just deleted them did not even backup will never use them anyway -_-)

after i did that phone seems to be better for me :)

also i did delete that annoying swish sound at startup but it also took away the samsung startup sound and i like that one :(

so has anyone found a way to do this?

thx

oh and why is it that everyphone for att has there logo or some other att crap on it but the damn iPhone is the only phone clean without any att crap on it -_- i switched over from iPhone 4 could not be more happy :)

also is there a way to remove the att logo on the top of the phone im talking about the logo next to the speaker.
You would have to...
*Root your phone
*Delete the boot .qmg files and startup .ogg
*Find the startup files from the relevant international version of your device and copy them over to your device (International versions don't have any carrier branding or bloatware, they come directly from Samsung themselves.

I did everything above with my Samsung Galaxy S7 under AT&T (SM-G930A) and it works like a charm.

Cheers!

Reactions: endlesssims
Upvote 0
So where is an app to remove all preinstalled junk? I did pay a lot of money on my note 8 and that should be able to remove all stuff that has their junk in it cause I own my phone, something needs to change cause when paid off a phone like I did of $749.00 I paid to pay it off those junk preinstalled junk after switching to another carrier have that option to remove all previous carriers junk files and apps. So anyone out here get a app to have without rooting the device and add free. Please make this happen

Upvote 0
So where is an app to remove all preinstalled junk? I did pay a lot of money on my note 8 and that should be able to remove all stuff that has their junk in it cause I own my phone, something needs to change cause when paid off a phone like I did of $749.00 I paid to pay it off those junk preinstalled junk after switching to another carrier have that option to remove all previous carriers junk files and apps. So anyone out here get a app to have without rooting the device and add free. Please make this happen
You can use Package Disabler or any other root-based app disabler to do it. I wouldn't "Delete" the apps because when I did it, it broke some things in the Google Play store as well as many other apps. Plus, getting rid of the junk apps completely doesn't actually free up storage space for you to use. It only frees up space on the SYSTEM partition, which is storage space for the operating system. So you're better off disabling them.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones