Remove battery percentage indicator from notificaiton barSupport

Last Updated:

1. LeviLady

LeviLady Member

I can't figure out what app suddenly put a battery percentage icon in the notification bar. I'd like to remove it and use just a Big Text notifier that I found. I don't want them both on there. How do I figure out what app is causing it? I'd also like to remove the green battery indicator from the notification bar that comes with the system. I have 4.0.4 on SPH-D710 phone.

2. paulhead

paulhead Member

go to setting then display and uncheck batt percentage indicator
    LeviLady likes this.
  3. LeviLady

LeviLady Member

No, that just removes the numbers from the android battery indicator on the right hand side of the notification bar. I'm talking about the numbers (in ICS blue) on the left side of the bar. I was under the impression that the left side of the bar was for installed apps to add stuff.
  4. bencurt24

bencurt24 Well-Known Member

You must of downloaded an app to make it due that. Find out the app you downloading and delete it.
  5. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

What you should do first, check your most recently installed apps, go into their settings to see if it came with the notification battery, and when you find it, it should give option to disable it.

Also if your looking to remove the stock battery icon that came with the phone, you'll need to root your device to be able to remove it.
    LeviLady likes this.
  6. WWilson

WWilson New Member

Did you ever find the app that was causing the battery level to display in blue on the left of the notifications? I'm having the same issue.
  7. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

The same advice Dragon provided would also apply here. Only you know what your recently installed apps are. Check their settings to remove the notification.