remove CallBack number from recived texts.Support

1. Mitchell4500

Mitchell4500 Well-Known Member

In the message sms app under every text I get it shows [CB]###########, can I turn this off?

Advertisement
  2. BAMARTIN03

BAMARTIN03 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure its part of the actual text itself. Only way to get rid of it is to tell the people texting you to remove the callback option in their text
  3. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Well-Known Member

I never got it on my other Android phones.. Just the Ally.. And its only when the text is from a "dumb" phone... When my Droid friends text me it doesnt do it...
  4. Johnny Langton

Johnny Langton Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. My wife's EnV Touch never sent a CB number with texts when I had an EnV Touch, but now, every text has that darn CB number on it.I have also noticed that smartphone users text messages do not have the CB number listed, as I have a few friends with Droids and I-Phones,and there's no CB number on their texts.
    JL
  5. Halainn317

Halainn317 Well-Known Member

I've been trying to figure that out too! It's driving me insane...
  6. marktobes

marktobes Member

I think most "dumb" phones have an option to send a callback number by default when texting.
  7. jonathan13

jonathan13 Member

anyone ever find a fix for this? its killing me.. when i receive a long message I get the callback number inserted into the message every 160 characters.. I hate it!
  8. Outlaw.99

The only fix I found was a different device... I know that sounds silly, but this was one of a few things that irritated me about Ally...

Its supposed to get 2.2 in Febuary, maybe it will be addressed...
  9. Mitchell4500

Its a result of other dumb phones (Feature Phones) and they automatically add the CB. So unless you get your friends to turn it off on their phones it wont go away.

Iv actually started using Google Voice as my texting service as its free... Try it out.
  10. jonathan13

jonathan13 Member

I may give that a try. I will need to use it soon anyway due to the fact that verizon no longer offers a truly unlimited text plan and my fiance is switching to sprint which will cause me to go over their 5000 message cap to non-verizon phones (i know i text entirely too much).

It just sucks that I did not realize this about the callback number until after I got the phone because that would have been something that might have swayed my decision. I guess we can just cross our fingers for 2.2
  11. darkxsun

darkxsun Well-Known Member

They don't offer an unlimited text add-on anymore, but for $20-30 more (depending on individual or family plan) you can upgrade from a Talk plan to Talk and Text, which has unlimited (for real) text, picture, and video message. See here: Set Your Location
  12. Mitchell4500

Thats really expensive. Why pay that when you could use Google voice with your data plan and have unlimited texting free?
  13. darkxsun

darkxsun Well-Known Member

This is, of course, another option. I have 5 lines on my plan, not all have a data plan, so we have the unlimited option anyway.
  14. Afteraffekt

Afteraffekt Well-Known Member

You seriously just answered your own post? Thats epic!
  15. Outlaw.99

I notices that even on my Pro the callback # is still there in the corner of the text in stock mode... I use Handcent SMS and it doesnt show in that...
  16. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Well-Known Member

I use Handcent SMS too, it shows the callback number :confused:
  17. Outlaw.99

Now thats strange... I dont have my Ally anymore to test, but I only get the callback # in my stock text program for my current device.. The Handcent sms doesnt show it....
  18. jonathan13

jonathan13 Member

ah okay I did not know that.. I didn't look past the add on text plans.

As for me, with the callback # issue, it still does it whether I am using the stock messaging app, handcent, or chomp.