Remove clutter from background processes

1. jttm80

jttm80 New Member

Okay, so I've got a HTC One S and its a pretty good phone but I'm quite annoyed by the task manager.

Whenever I exit an app (with the back button), it still stays in the background. I've read the forums a bit, and I understand that Android handles memory management a certain way, and I couldn't care less how it does it.

What does concern me is that my open app list is being cluttered with dead apps. I have to manually scroll through a list of 12 to 15 app, most of which I thought I had closed, when all I really want to see are the 3 or 4 apps which I haven't quit and should still be there for me to jump between.

I do know that you can clear it manually by flicking the apps one-by-one but doing this on an hourly basis when I've already exited the app seems a bit redundant (and very iPhone-ish).

So it might seem like a stupid question, but is there a way to only have my task manager button (the right side one) only show the apps which are still alive? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Its not an "open apps" list. Its a "recently opened" apps list. I don't think you can do that because Android doesn't really keeps apps alive. It turns the app off and cache's it if it needs more memory. Doesn't matter if you did not press exit on the app or not, if Android needed memory it may have killed it already and just cached it so when you restart it, it loads to where you last left off.
    Crashdamage likes this.