1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Remove/Delete/Hide Geotags

Last Updated:

1. System6

System6 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I am pretty much OCD and nest my pictures in several folders. I have come to deal with the sad fact that their is no hierarchy in the Android OD and you cannot nest folders, but I have a whole new annoyance....

I have about 20 folders. Problem is that some of the pix have geotags...I don't know if I had the setting on at the time or what, but it's disabled now. The problem is that I have like 100 pictures, and 2 of them were taken in a certain area, and underneath that folder it shows a city and state they were taken in. I want to hide or preferably delete this info, because on most of the pictures, they are not even tagged in the correct location.

I have a N1, I will not root, and I am open to a PC app, although I would like to avoid having to upload all my pix to a site and DL them again. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

If I understand you right, only two images have geo info? The simplest solution would be to move those images to a computer and use an imaging app to edit the EXIF data, and then move them back.

There may be EXIF editor apps for Android; I haven't checked. (Viewers do exist.)

BTW ... it's called "CDO" now. It's the same as the old OCD, except the letters are in their proper alphabetical order! :D

3. jev

jev Well-Known Member

On PC you can't beat geosetter. Free and reliable.

4. deaconous

deaconous New Member

you can view, edit and remove geotags from photos when sharing with a free app for Android, called Pixelgarde Photo Privacy Editor. Just go to their website: http://www.pixelgarde.com or search on it on the marketplace.

5. deaconous

deaconous New Member

just use a free app called Pixelgarde Photo Privacy Editor. It lets you see which photos have geotags and other data, and then remove it from the photos you share. It's better than turing off gps, so i decided to recommend it.

6. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Well-Known Member

Windows 7 has exif-stripping built in if you right-click a jpg or a selection of jpgs and do properties - details - "remove properties and personal info"

From there you have to select exif fields to remove, just click the lat/long ones and it should remove from all selected files.