Remove Dialer Haptic Feedback (Vibration) Update

Last Updated:

1. DroidMike

DroidMike Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All,

I've put together an update that will remove the haptic feedback on the Eris when you press the dialer keys (it does still make the sounds though). It works great for me but I was wondering if someone else could test and let me know how it works for them.

All the credit for the method goes to JsChiSurf at xda-developers who figured out how to do this for the Hero. I just decompiled the HtcDialer apk from the latest Eris 2.1 leak (Leak 4?) and applied JsChiSurf's method to it (adding a return-void to the vibration function).

Just load the zip from your recovery image. This does not delete any of your data. However, please, please do a nandroid backup before you use this. This is my first attempt at creating this sort of thing. Comments and criticism welcome.

RemDialerHapFeedback.zip (MultiUpload)

MD5: b9f35b5ea1dda3e5bd30b998269924bf
    SHA-1: 2704e06dcb379df49c79c9f9e50f8576572d46cc

Note: If you're running a custom ROM that has done any mods to the dialer (different colors, etc) this will remove them and give you the stock dialer minus haptic feedback.

Edit: Also, here is an update that removes the vibration that occurs when a call connects. Thanks gohamstergo for the suggestion.

NoVibOnConnect.zip

MD5: a83b1b88da9ab11c60c14fe777a12d79
    SHA-1: cbe0cdb788e27b608af90c19dfc7df840c3df73b

References:
    JsChiSurf's remove haptic feedback thread: [Fixed] Htc Dialer WITHOUT Haptic Feedback - xda-developers
    If this is useful to you please stop by his thread and thank him.

Advertisement
    fritzel67 likes this.
  2. gohamstergo

gohamstergo Active Member

works fine for me on the latest leak (rooted).

one thing that id also really like is for it NOT to vibrate when a call connects. thats my main beef with the dialer because i put the phone up to my ear then it vibrates..annoying :p

thanks

3. DroidMike

Thanks for testing it out, glad it worked.

I know what you mean about the vibrate for connect feature, that does get annoying sometimes. I disassembled Phone.apk and I think I found the function responsible for the behavior. If I'm able to fix it I'll post another update.

4. DroidMike

Seems Like it works to me but I didn't have time to test extensively. Give it a try. Don't forget nandroid backup and all that good stuff. Let me know how it works.

NoVibOnConnect.zip

MD5: a83b1b88da9ab11c60c14fe777a12d79
    SHA-1: cbe0cdb788e27b608af90c19dfc7df840c3df73b

5. gohamstergo

made a quick test call after installing, seems to work just fine. if i ever have a problem ill let you know.

thanks much :)

6. Unheard

Unheard Member

What a great patch! Been wanting something like this for a while.

7. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

I flashed both of these, and they work, but for some reason it removed my nexus lock screen and reverted me back to the original lockscreen. Weird.

8. DroidMike

Not sure exactly why that happened but you may able to use the lockscreen-del.zip posted by GrdLock if you want to still use these patches and not have the HTC lockscreen. Which ROM were you using when you tried it?

Did anyone else experience this issue?

9. gohamstergo

only need to flash one or the other ;)

10. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

?? Why is that? They are 2 different things. Are you saying that either one of these removes both issues? Vib on call connect and dialer feedback? Cuz thats not what the OP says, is it?

11. gohamstergo

the second one does BOTH. flashing the zip replaces your dialer.apk completely, so you are just overwriting it again by installing 2 diff things. :)

12. DroidMike

You would be correct if both fixes were in the dialer.apk. However, the vibration on connect fix was in phone.apk. You'd need to flash both updates (in no particular order) to get both fixes. I could make an update with both fixes that replaces dialer.apk and phone.apk but I guess I'll just keep them separate as someone may want one and not the other.

The next thing I'd like to work on is getting the phone to return to home after ending a call instead of the call log. There is a cool application called Not Call Log that does this for you but it would be nice to mod the system to naturally do it...one less application to have running all the time.
    I believe there are some ROMs out there that already do this so If I can't figure it out I might peek and see how they did it.

13. magicelf

magicelf Well-Known Member

I flashed the No Vibrate when a call is placed and now Handcent does not vibrate when I receive a text. Anyone else having this problem?

14. MCHammer88

MCHammer88 New Member

Just updated my phone to 2.1 (OTA) and am trying to recover the zip file, but when i turn on my phone to, and choose the recovery selection, it goes to a warning screen and shows a phone with an !, i wait and wait and nothing happens. What do i do to fix this, i REALLY REALLY want my phone to stop vibrating when it connects to a call and on the dial pad!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!! :(:confused::(:confused:

15. MCHammer88

MCHammer88 New Member

16. sed

sed Active Member

This is only for rooted phones.

17. MCHammer88

MCHammer88 New Member

ohhh i see, thanks for the info. Do you guys know if there is any way to do it for an official upgraded phone?

18. gohamstergo

he already answered you. you arent rooted, you cant do it. end

19. ghazi20045

ghazi20045 New Member

sorry for the off-topic

but can you please make that possible for symbian mobiles like nokia, sony with symbian platform??

we need that and it will be so great.

or at least if you do not want to , would you please help me to get htc files to try my luck with to convert them into symbian.

many thanks

20. cloudwalker757

cloudwalker757 Member

ay but the dialer always force closes when u mess with the speed dial. Like i wanna edit a certain contact for the speed dial and it aint wrkin