1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support remove frequently called list and recently opened apps?

1. westfall90

westfall90 Well-Known Member

so I love ICS... except for the frequently called list, and the recently opened apps, anyway to get rid of them? especially the frequently called list, just to get to my phone book I have to scroll through 25 freakin random phone numbers.

Advertisement
  2. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member

Recently opened apps you can swipe away individually, but I don't think you can stop them from appearing as that's a basic feature of ICS and JB. In fact, its probably the key I use the most.

Frequently called you can also clear, but much easier in JB at least. From the frequently called list, hit the menu button and choose "clear frequents". Again, I don't know of a way to stop them from appearing, but at least you can clear them when it gets annoying.
    t1jordan likes this.
  3. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Where is the frequently called list? Do you mean the favorites list? If that's the same list, I don't have that setting. Do you think it's just missing in AOKP, or am I looking at the wrong screen (which wouldn't surprise me lol)?
  4. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member

The frequently called list displays beneath your favorites.
  5. Petrah

I see my favorites (larger icons on top), and directly under those is "All contacts with phone numbers" (with the list of them all underneath). I don't see anything when I tap on the menu there for clearing frequently called, and nothing in the settings there. Perhaps this is an AOKP thing.
  6. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

I have them on my phone. I have my favorites on top, then frequently called numbers, then my contacts underneath, on the stock Google Jellybean.
  7. westfall90

westfall90 Well-Known Member

i don't do the favorites thing, I just have a frequently called list, and underneath that, all my contacts in alphabetical order.
  8. Gekko

Gekko Well-Known Member

AFAIK the only way to clear the frequently contacted list (not to be confused with call log) is to wipe the cache/data of the Contacts Storage in Settings and to re-sync the data. be careful that this data is backed up just in case.
    SHIVA77 likes this.
  9. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member

In the Phone app, hit the menu button and select "Clear Frequents"
  10. Petrah

Makes me wonder what AOKP did to handle this because I have no frequents list, and no option to clear it.
  11. Gekko

Gekko Well-Known Member

i stand corrected! they must have just added this with Jelly Bean because i remember looking for it when i had ICS and never found it in the menu. but it's definitely there now in JB. good catch.

can someone with an ICS G-Nex confirm?
  12. itsnotlevel

itsnotlevel New Member

To clear frequently called number list under favorites in ICS droid 4, back up your contacts with whatever you choose...then manage apps / all, then scroll down to click contact storage, then clear data....
    This did not clear my contacts....go back, check frequently called....clear!