remove from status bar

Last Updated: 2011-10-28 13:46:58
  1. shawn222

shawn222 Active Member

I'm looking for a way to remove icons from my status bar. I've seen plenty of posts asking how to do it and very few responses other than cyanogenmod.

I'm running KI3 stock rom 2.3.5 and am rooted so I figure it should be possible to hide icons in my status bar.

I want to remove:
    alarm
    vibrate
    silence
    maybe battery and clock, im not quite decided on these

There must be a way to do this with a rooted phone...

Thanks,
    Shawn

Advertisement
  2. shawn222

shawn222 Active Member

Bump

Is it maybe possible to create a theme using a small, empty image for the icons I want to get rid of?
  3. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

4. shawn222

shawn222 Active Member

It seems like I'm going to have to change a whole lot more than I'm looking to do it that way
  5. steslatt

steslatt Well-Known Member

Its quite easy to create a theme with transparent icons for deodexed firmware. I'm not sure if it would be the same method with odexed firmware though? Maybe someone else could confirm?

Also Jkay does not remove alarm and silent icon. When the phone is on silent it still shows vibrate icon to.
  6. Shotgun84

7. steslatt

steslatt Well-Known Member

Yes it removes the vibrate icon when your not in silent, but when you switch it silent it appears again with the silent icon. Does for me anyway.
  8. Shotgun84

Yea you're right. I'd never put my phone on silent.
  9. shawn222

shawn222 Active Member

So it looks like I would need to be deodexed... sounds like more work than it's worth, oh well. Thanks guys
  10. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Yup, it's virtually impossible to make any alterations to the UI if the firmware is odexed.