• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remove Front Casing?

timmmah.l

Jul 7, 2010
OK! Dilemna here! Someone at work decided to drop my phone and then not man up to the damage. Cannot take photos at the moment but I'll try explain it the best way i can.

It looks like it was dropped on the top left corner as there is a scratch/dint/whatever in that corner! Circled it in blue in the photo below. CIrcled in red is where a gap has appeared! Looking closely in that gap is what looks like clips as if the case could be pushed back in and clipped back in. But after numerous counts of pushing every single way it did not clip back.

THEN! Thinking ok if there are clips there, maybe the whole front casing can be unclipped? Right? WRONG! I tried to unclip it further down only to have the rest of the bottom of that gap BEND outwards. I didnt realise the front casing was actually metal.

Now question is, before i do it anymore damage, does anyone know if i can take the front casing off without causing too much damage? And can i replace it? I mean even if i can take it off I'll be able to bend it back, but i don't want to push it till it breaks!

Any info will be extremely grateful!!!!!

Untitled-2.jpg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones