Remove google accountSupport

Last Updated:

1. 325i

325i Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have created a new google account that i would like to replace the original one.

I have synced the new account but cant seem to remove the original. I get the following message,

This account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults. You do that in settings, under privacy.

Is there anyway to do it without resetting the phone? I dont want to reset it as i the phone is rooted, has custom rom with over 100 apps.

Advertisement
  2. Harlem Ranger

Harlem Ranger Member

If you use Auto-Sync, you could just uncheck the google account you are no longer using, to stop it syncing. It is still on your phone obviously, but is dormant

when I switched from googlemail to gmail, I did this to get round the issue

3. 325i

But by doing to that, will google talk switch to my new account?

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Don't you have to factory reset to get to the set up menu?

5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Nope, only a reset.

Remember as well apps are tied to your primary google account, so if totally new rather than changing from googlemail to gmail, you'll lose paid apps.

6. 325i

Managed to do it without a reset. I selected CLEAR STORAGE from the recovery menu.

You do loose paid apps but i only had one paid app anyway which i had ripped :)

7. cyberpine

cyberpine Well-Known Member

Samsung epic. I have both corporate exchange email and personal google account for personal calander, pics and email. my preferred email client for both is the samsung email client on the phone.

This is odd, I changed my google pw and now the account would not sync. I made the mistake of removing the email account from samsung email client. But It would not let me delete the account itself saying it was in use in another application.. when i went to the market ap pw asked for password and now google account sync works. But I can't re-add the email account to samsung email application says wrong pw or user

8. brilin70

brilin70 New Member

Where is the Recovery Menu, so I can clear storage. I am a complete novice and I set my wife's google account before I realised I wanted my own. Any help would be welcome.