Remove Google Talk Storage app

1. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

I have Cyanogen 5.0.6 baked on MoDaCo with a lot of things stripped out.
    Having a task manager as well I can see what's running in the background, I've noticed that 'Google Talk Storage' is running constantly and reloads once killed.
    I do not have, nor want, Google Talk so I don't see why this app would continue to run even when killed. I would presume that gapps is reloading it but I cannot tell for sure.

Does anyone know what the apk name is for this so I can remove it from my device?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. ikon

ikon Well-Known Member

I think it's /system/app/gtalkservice.apk I'd recommend doing an 'adb pull' first so you have a copy to reinstall later if you need it, then you can just 'adb shell rm /system/app/gtalkservice.apk'
  3. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

+1 do a pull. Don't want to find out that was a necessary service and create a hassle.
  4. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input guys, I just rename the apk to bak instead of pulling it off the device. I seem to have managed to remove the Google Talk Service.
    One thing I've noticed is that I had 'Google Search' showing up, which I removed. But now I have 'Google Search (Enhanced)' showing up.
    Does this load itself or something? Every time I end it, it reloads itself.

It sounds weird, but I really don't use any of the google functions other than gmail lol.