Remove invisible shield?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Pseudoty1

Pseudoty1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I bought the zagg at bb today. They installed it and I dont like it at all. It does not look good, the texture is is not smooth, and it does not work well with swype. They said let it cure for 2 days. If i remove it does it come off clean?

It may protect good but the cheap ones at verizon look better.

Advertisement
  2. Pseudoty1

Pseudoty1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Please delete thread posted in wrong area

3. Nsane1

Nsane1 Well-Known Member

curious about this as I also bought an invisible shield. Except I dropped my shield while installing and got tons of crap all over it. I took it to the sink and cleaned it as best I could. Put it on and it seemed like I hadn't gotten all the debris off. After looking online at things though I don't think I'll like the orange peel effect. What's the best way to clean the invisible shield? Or is mine just toast? I'm kind of leery of putting it back on. All the other screen protectors I've had have been the cling type.

@OP, I removed mine after about 10 minutes of having it under a hairdryer. Everything came off clean. I don't know about having it on there for a day or two but I have seen videos on youtube of people removing them off of iphones after having them on there for a long time and theirs were clean underneath. Get a good cloth (eyeglass) and clean it with that after removal.

4. Lefort1

Lefort1 Well-Known Member

Whenever anything comes up about ZAGG I always mentioned to make sure you've seen it prior to buying. I personally HATED the orange peel look. I don't want anyone else wasting their money. Try before you buy if at all possible :)

5. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you get anything stuck to it (dust or other particles), it's pretty much impossible to get off. I tried using scotch tape on the "sticky" side and it ruined it (this usually works for regular, static-cling screen protectors). You can pay Zagg $4 to ship you a new one or return it if it's within 45 days.

6. chris61292

chris61292 Well-Known Member

wtf is the orange people look...

7. markketch

markketch Well-Known Member

Orange peel. Sometimes Zagg screens will have a slight ripple in them, which kind of resembles the texture of an orange peel.

8. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

Haha, you swyped that didn't you?

crimton likes this.
  9. Ric WRX

Ric WRX Well-Known Member

I put a Zagg on mine last week, took it off last night and put on a Verizon. It went on much easier and I think it looks better.

10. hitdog042

hitdog042 Well-Known Member

All my zaggs on all my phones look great, I have BB put it on.

And Verizon's cheaper version does not give you the stellar warranty Zagg does.

You get what you pay for.

11. TrumpetMan

TrumpetMan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why some folks rag on the Zagg protectors. I installed mine in a few minutes and it is perfect and smooth; I don't see the excessive orange peeling some have talked about. Perhaps they made improvements to the new crop of protectors because mine is beautiful. Not a bubble, fingerprint or fuzzball anywhere.

12. hooy

hooy Member

Most of those kind of screen protectors come off very clean. My old smartphone had one that I changed every year and it always came off cleanly.

13. johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Well-Known Member

I bought a Zagg just as a temporary stop-gap until the Steinheil anti-fingerprint protector is released.

It wasn't difficult to put on, but I'm not a fan of the tacky feeling. And some of the orange peel might go away after 48 hours or so. It will still be there, which is a big reason why mine is only temporary, but give your protector a few days before giving up on it completely. You need to let it cure entirely before you get the best results.

14. brianem

brianem Well-Known Member

I've got Zagg on pretty much every electronic device I own. It does have a unique look to it I suppose, but in terms of the orange peel...not sure. The Zagg takes a few days to work out all the lil micro bubbles and texturing. It's perfectly smooth on mine now, a few days after. Same goes with my old dare, nano, and zune.

15. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

I got a ZAGG on my Incredible Sunday(it's barely Wed now), and it is still a tad bit sticky, but as far as protection theres no way the verizon 1's protect this way, I've always had them on my phones until I got this phone. The verizon 1's always wear down and by the time you've gone through your contract, you've gone through 3-4 of the protectors, this zagg is awesome and as a prior post said, "you get what you pay for".

16. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member

Zagg rocks. The people that flip out over the "orange peel" crack me up - it has no affect on viewing your screen whatsoever. I've never removed one, but they should come off without much effort.

17. photographx

photographx Well-Known Member

These protectors were not originally designed for touch screen devices.

You mention "viewing" but it does affect the touch capabilities without a doubt, since it creates a slightly tacky or sticky feel.

Swype is unusable.

18. ShortBusHEMI

ShortBusHEMI Well-Known Member

its usable.. just very pain in the butt. any kind of finger sliding is a pain for the fact that it has a tacky feel to it.. i want to take my screen protector off... i'm just afraid of the consequences...

19. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member

That tacky or sticky feel has nothing to do with the orange peel texture, it has to do with the material in general. After you use it for a while you forget there was ever a difference.

20. chris61292

chris61292 Well-Known Member

I like my zagg protector i got for it, 1st day you could tell it was there and it was very sticky... but after a day+ use cant even tell its on there and its not sticky at all

21. powdbyrice

powdbyrice Well-Known Member

once it gets dirty (oils from your hands, etc), it loses some of the tackiness.

i used to wipe down my xv6800 once a week. the tackiness goes away after a couple hours.

to answer the OP's question: no problems if you remove it. no reside or anything. even if there is, it will rub off with your finger.

22. earthtodigi

earthtodigi Active Member

I hate the tacky feel of the zagg's, even after a year on my brother's phone it still feels tacky to me. I much prefer the hard plastic types like the Boxwave, which offers no tackiness and no resistance to sliding on the screen. However, I used these on my winmo devices because the top most layer on the resistive screen is plastic and easily scratch-able even with normal use. With these capacitive screens the outer layer is glass, so scratches are much less likely.

23. ShortBusHEMI

ShortBusHEMI Well-Known Member

u'd be surprised... my ipod touch looks like a war took place on my screen.

24. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

Those who don't like Zagg should try Skinomi. I had a Zagg on my iPhone and a Skinomi on my DI. It's much better. It's like the same kind of material but I don't notice the orange peel and there is no tackyness. It feels as smooth as the regular screen.

25. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member

I just put a phantom skin on mine tonight and so far so good. Easy install and without a doubt the wet application method rocks over just using the cheap stick on ones that I can never get straight lol.